Respected Contributor

Just surfing the internet when I came across a 2 1/2 minute preview clip of Ivar's role in the upcoming season which I believe starts next week.

Anyway it was titled 'The Silk Road' and I am agog over how different Ivar looks.  Looks like he's aged about 15-20 years.  His hair is still long but loose and really messy, he's got thick facial hair - full beard - and he's shown "walking" thru what looks like a spice market.  It didn't show how he was walking, but he was upright.  Not clear if he was with someone, leading him the way.

Did anyone else see this clip?  I will be looking forward to the new Season. It will be the final season unless they decide to do a spin-off of this series.  I read that too, a spin-off with Rollo.  So hope this upcoming season is as good as the past seasons.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

It's on the main page of the History Channel website if you haven't seen it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN  Ivar can walk as long as he is wearing his metal leg braces.  You must have blinked too fast the last 2 seasons. Smiley LOL

In the Silk Road video he is wearing his "special" leather hand palm protectors to protect chaffing when using crutches and canes.  I suspect in the "marketplace" he is using his canes.

By the time Vikings returns, I suspect several years would have passed.  Bjorn should now be king of Kattika (sp).  And if Ivar is travelling the Silk Road, it will be a decade or more by the time he returns to Kattika (sp).

If memory serves me correctly, the "Silk Road" pertains to an ancient trading route/road between Europe & China.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I am very excited for this to start!  What a journey this has been!  I wonder what evil Ivor will be up to next?  Lagertha (sp) --- just love her -- also can't wait to see what is in store for her.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I was happy to see the preview . I thought I had read the it had been cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

Actually Season 6 starts at 8:00 EST for a total of 3 hours.

The first hour is called "The Saga of Floki" followed by the 2 hr premier "New Beginnings; The Prophet."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif