Trusted Contributor

If you love Louis XIV and French history there is now a European series on Netflix and in Amazon. Not for the faint of heart, quite graphic however the actors are great and so is everything else from the outfits, the main characters, the gardens...it is historical fiction but it has been very successful overseas🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 I watched it pretty faithfully last year. This year, I'm not quite as engrossed in it, though I'm still watching. It's a nicely done production. I think I'm going to start DVR-iing to watch later. In my area, the day and time are sort of a challenge and I think I'll enjoy it more watching it when I choose.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I'm impressed with the acting on Versailles. I think they do a great job. I enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

Finally finished binge watching season 1.  I was mezmerised.  I couldn't figured out who was sleeping w/who.  I thought the king & his brother were twins. hidemf3.gif

Currently, I am in the middle of binge watching season 2.  Now I know who's sleeping w/who.  I couldn't tell the mistresses from Queen Wify.  I also cheated by going to my local library to read up on this king & his misstresses. Smiley Surprised

Already looking forward to season 3.

I visited Versailles when I first visited France.  The gardens are no joke!  And the paintings & artwork inside!!! faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Is this in English? I know there are subtitles but I can't binge watch programs that only have subtitles. I've turned into my late mother. I remember she said, "no more subtitled only movies. I said"just one more time." We went to see "Cinema Paradiso." She liked it so much I bought it for her for Mother's Day.

Honored Contributor

@lavendarwrote:

Is this in English?

@lavendar  YUP!

I also downloaded the intro/outro soundtrack which I love.  Added to my iPod playlist as well as iTunes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Versailles is a great series.  I cannot wait for Season three which is filming now.  If yo loved Season 1, watch Season 2 also.  It is great.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb,

Season 2 is more history than fiction, and season 3 is going to be more fiction than history. I agree the first one was very enticing however do not give up, lots of surprises and lots of gorgeous Philippe d´Orleans🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 I sort of half watched Season 2... It didn't capture my interest quite as much as the 1st year, but I'll be keeping an eye out for Season 3... At least it's something a bit different... I can't go another unfunny sitcom, police/investigator procedural or first responder/military series...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb,

My French sources tell me that it is going to be about Alexandre Dumas The Man in the Iron Mask, some say it is just an old story some still believe it🌻