Respected Contributor

Re: VANDERPUMP RULES.....2020, SEASON 8

Hmmm, so what happened last night.  Let's see, Schwartz made up w/Katie again after insulting her very badly in front of all the cast at the party.  We are seeing more of the newbies, Dayna, Danica, Brett, Charlie(?), Max.  Is it possible that James is finally getting himself off the booze and going to AA meetings?  That would be a miracle considering his DJ work in all the bars and clubs.  Tough for him.  I hope he can stay sober.

We are seeing more of Rand - Lala's beau.  What an odd couple.  I like him much better than I like her.  She thinks her stuff doesn't stink if you know what I mean.

I wonder what the delay is w/Lisa's mother's funeral?  Seems like it was weeks ago.  Maybe she was cremated and they will hold a service for her and scatter her ashes or something.  Maybe its just how many episodes have gone by and its not in real time, but seems kinda odd to me.  Her flirtations w/Brett are kinda creepy, and he flirts right back.  I have mixed feelings about him.  He is attractive yet sort of caveman like at the same time.  But out of all the newbies I guess I like him best.

Scheana is the OG who seems to be the glue holding the two groups together.  The intermediary so to speak.  Kristin is useless and has been for awhile.  Sandoval is like a fine wine, he is getting better w/age.  Would like to see him w/someone other than the sourpuss Ariana.  Jax and Brittany - well what can you say about them, other than they are annoying imo.  Has Jax really matured?  Does it matter at this point?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

There is no excuse for Schwartz's behavior and the way he spoke to Katie.   As LVP said, he does this, apologizes the next day and everybody forgives him and then he does it again.   His "I don't know why I said that" is getting old.  You are saying it because that's how you feel.

Hopefully James is getting sober.  It would be nice to see him finally get it together.

IMO Lala is about as skanky as they come.  The things that come out of her mouth are unreal.  And I am not a prude.  She puts her entire worth in her "abilities" iykwim.

I was just really glad not to have another episode with Ariana and her woe of the week for camera time.  Sandoval, you know, I don't know.  As I've said, he is like a sore thumb in this group.  It's like he grew up and takes life seriously and the rest of the group are all in their party phase.  Actually, Stassi is growing up, too. 

What I wonder is how many of these coupels are making it in the staying in orders and not mingling with others.   I just don't know that Schwartz and Katie will make bare minimum six weeks alone together in their house. 

LVP was on Andy last night and it looks like she's closed up shop at her locations, not doing the take-out, and laid off all her peeps. 

Poor Kristen.  I can't help but feel sorry for her.  They really are treating her horribly if her main crime is in fact wash, rinse, repeat behavior with her boyfriend.  Is it Beau?  Anyway, haven't we all had friends that we are so sick of that merry-go-round with them, and so sick of hearing about it, but still stay by their side and support them?  Katie with her horrible behavior, but stays with a man (and I use the term loosely) who is so verbally abusive to her on a regular basis?  Who "forgot" to file the marriage certificate?  Who is literally carried thorugh life by his friends?  Yeah, she is really one to take a superior attitude to her.  I feel like Stassi is still the queen bee, and if Stassi decided to like Kristen, Katie would immediately follow suit. 

The newbies...same opinon.  If they never appeared again on screen it would be fine with me.  Agree about liking Brett the best and the ew factor with LVP.   Dislike Max far and away the most.   And Brittany and Jax.  He will never change IMO.  Another one who hasn't grown up at all. 

Honored Contributor

Wondering if I am the only one still watching.

After last nights episode I don't know who I like less..Jax or Sheena.

Jax has gotten so nasty and jealous of everyone and Sheena and her video was disgusting. 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Wondering if I am the only one still watching.

After last nights episode I don't know who I like less..Jax or Sheena.

Jax has gotten so nasty and jealous of everyone and Sheena and her video was disgusting. 

@DREAMON, I watched but I've not been watching steady enough to really know what exactly is going on.  I still don't know the newbies except for Dayna and I have no idea what the whole argument was with Kristen and the video.

Jax was horrible last night and I cannot stand Sheena.  I never liked her.

Esteemed Contributor

Jax's eyes when he's talking to Brittany, he has serious issues.  

Sheena really is incredibly desperate.  Very sad. 

Totally over Ariana.  

And Dayna

And Max

And Brett...especially with his hair the other night.

I do wish they would have gotten two guys who are a little easier to tell apart.

Has anybody taken a look at Stassi's new home online?  It looks beautiful; Spanish-style home in the Hollywood Hills.  

Back to Ariana, have they not really furnished their house at all or is it just the kitchen table?   Has she stated if she's in counseling?  I'm thinking if she has the severe issues she describes reality tv is not the place to be.

Respected Contributor

I watched it yesterday. Interesting they are really trying to integrate the older cast with the newbies. It doesn't seem very organic. Jax has serious mental health issues. Sheana is such a bimbo. Will she ever grow up? Kristen seems doomed to be released from this show, because if nobody will be friends with her she can't stay on the show in isolation from the cast. Is it just me or LVP seems awfully thirsty for screen time this season? Seems like ever since she got the boot as a housewife she is more desperate to be in this show more. She used to hang back more, or so I recall. Katie is a despicable human being. Seems she just sits around her house all day consuming edibles and eating junk food. Girl needs to get a job. She literally gets paid to do nothing and be unpleasant and/or boring. At least the others try to be interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm still watching, I just haven't commented about it here. I was trying to think about who I like enough that they've managed to keep me watching all these seasons. Definitely not Katie and Schwartz, Jax and Brittany, Lala, Scheana, Kristen...and I'm sure there's more, lol. 

But I do like Tom Sandoval so by extension I tolerate Ariana. I like Beau though Stassi is another story. Sometimes she's okay, other times not so much. I aways liked sober James Kennedy so now that he's on the wagon I like seeing him and Raquel. I sure hope he manages to stay on track. 

Oh, the new people. The least favorite for me is the dark haired girl--is it Charli? She's the only person I've ever seen to take such pride in never having eaten pasta. Someone give that girl a gold star, I'm sure she'd think she earned it! I like Dayna and I liked Brett--that is up until I saw the music video shoot--now I have my doubts. I'd like Max if he could stop thinking about s e x for more than a minute. I think he has a good work ethic for a guy his age so that's a plus. 

When I really think about it I'm pretty sure the reason I watch is just to get my LVP fix. Heart

Did I hear correctly that she's opening another location and giving the Toms a chance to invest as part owners? 

Although, I also watch Summer House and I have no excuse at all for that one, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Just finished catching up. 
Boy, Jax is off the meds or something, he's really 'acting up' these last two episodes. He mentioned adderall - which he admitted to abusing before. Leopard doesn't change their spots. I'm wondering if he's desperate for a storyline, to stay on the show, what else is he going to do at this point. They're bringing in new younger ppl, better looking, perhaps he feels dethroned from his position as an original cast member/main bartender. Brittany is a nice person, but very naive and nobody can convince me her family is thrilled at her husband choice. I feel like she's in for some heartache down the road. 

Ariana is not a homemaker thats for sure. She's not wifey material and Sandavol is clueless when it comes to the writing on the wall concerning Ariana.

Agree, Schwartz is just not that into Katie (I'm not either)  don't see anything attractive about her, looks or personality. Schwartz ever so often (when drunk), lets his true feelings slip out. And not filing the paperwork or misplaces it, hmmm. Ok.

Stassi likes Katie bc shes a mean-girl like her. I think its mean what they pulled on Kristen, and I dont care for Kristen either but still.... Would never trust Stassi.

Ok, the flirtatious vibe betw Brent and LVP is beyond creepy. She does seem super hungry for air-time since the BHH departure. Previously to this year LVP was on just a few minutes at a time, now she has script readings and storyline so it seems. 

I like Dayna and Danica, Max is a slimeball, I like that they're bringing in new players. Brett seems ok so far. The new dark-haired girl who watresses seems weird. 

Lala is so desperate to marry (any) money, and Scheana is just desperate period. Anybody would do. 

I still tune-in. Looking forward to Southern Charm !

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad to see some other posts on this show.  I was going to post, but thought I was the only one watching.  Woman Wink

At first I really didn't like the newbies, but I find myself liking them more n more with every passing week.  I guess I like the possible relationship blossoming between Brett and Dayna.  And then throw Max into the mix and we have a fun threesome.  I think Danica is a pot stirrer, and Charli seems to think she is all that.  Not really liking her very much.

It was very mean of Katie and Stassi not to invite Kristen to their celebrations.  I bet Kristin was very hurt, and to have this splashed all over national TV is an embarrassment.  Not that I like Kristen, but still....those two were in the wrong for not inviting her.  I do like Sandoval.  Didn't Ariana mention that the table they were eating at was a rental?  Such a nice home and no furniture?  Very odd imo.

I saw on an entertainment show that Jax has gotten into the foods market.  He is selling a cocktail mixer so I guess he is trying to branch out from his bartending gig and get into the prepared foods market.  Could be lucrative.  Look at what happened w/Bethanny Frankel and 'Skinny Girl'.  Not that Jax is as smart at Bethanny.

Ohh, that video w/Scheana and Brett.  Eeeeesh.  She is desperate.  I don't know why I continue to watch these shows w/people I don't really care for.  Schwartz especially irritates me.  Such a waste of a man.  Am I being too harsh?  How could LVP possibly offer him 10% in ANOTHER business?  He's so irresponsible.  Sandoval - he is the one I would trust to do the work necessary.  He has always seemed to have a good work ethic.

Lala is horrible.  She thinks she is so high and mighty because she snagged herself a rich entertainment biz guy.  But if he didn't have success and $$$ I would bet my bottom dollar she'd never have given him a second look (even though I do think he's probably a nice guy or so he seems on the show).  I like James, I like Raquel - but I don't think they fit together.  She's like a little puppy dog and I wouldn't want her to get hurt by him.  I do hope he can hold his sobriety because he is a mean drunk and he's too young to throw his life away on booze.  Oh, one more thing, the attraction between Brett and LVP IS SO CREEPY.  I guess he is impressed by her wealth and status.  I wonder how these businesses will hold up with all the closures due to the COVID? 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I watched last night and I am wondering if Jax really is spiraling out of control mentally or he is acting. I am leaning towards acting because he is talking to the camera and it all seems planned to me.

Brittany was shown downing shots numerous times, the simultaneous pool partys, ..that's all I can even remember of this weeks episode. Oh and Brets annoying hair in his face.