Esteemed Contributor

Re: VANDERPUMP RULES.....2020, SEASON 8

Brett's hair is ridiculous.  That whole triangle is ridiculous.  Why does Dayna keep saying how hot she is.  End of the season and I still don't like her.    And really, how ridiculous is it that these guys are lusting after LVP.   Give me a break.  

But that whole pool party fiasco.  Talk about junior high meanness.  Regardless of how they feel about Jax, isn't Brittany their friend? That was cruel to do to Brittany.  They showed their complete lack of class and immaturity.   And the little girl who was at Tom's saying Jax is her dad's age, yeah, I'm sure he is.   She is probably too young to be hanging out with the Toms, too.  I think Tom needs to just come clean that he is a cross-dresser.  He loves to go in drag and seems to like to pull things out of Ariana's closet, too.  Clearly that little cover he had on was hers, not his.   Not saying anything  bad about it, just come clean with it.  

They were on Andy's show last night and Andy commented about wondering why he went in drag to Bravo Con.  He also (Andy) just barely brushed on the pool party with a "wasn't that rude" kinda face going but I was hoping he'd really go after them for that.   They also talked about the lack of furniture, which the house is furnished now.  Ariana was saying it was irritating because they all knew they were working with a designer and the pieces were being cusom made, which is why there was no furniture.

I think it was funny how Katie can justify her rage texts as fine because they are the middle of the night vs. Jax's which are during the day.  

Respected Contributor

I think that one day it will be revealed that Tom and Tom are a couple and they get married.

Contributor

Boy, there's a lot to unpack with these people.

I feel like Jax and Brittany are going after Sandoval to avoid dealing with the issues in their own marriage.  Jax definitely looks like he's on something.  As he was leaving to go to the gym (for the 3rd time that day) he told Brittany to track his phone if she didn't believe him and her respone was "I will!".  Why would you marry someone if you don't trust them?  

I'm also glad they ditched Jax and had their own pool party.  What were they supposed to do?  Sit and mope around all day after being uninvited?  Jax and Brittany were on a huge power trip with the wedding and they were used to people catering to them all the time.  That's over.  Brittany may have decided to marry Jax and put up with him, but the rest of the cast didn't.   

Not a fan of Lala this season either.  Her head is WAY too big and she comes off as arrogant and entitled.  I remember when she first started on the show, she was very beautiful.  I feel bad that she felt the need to go with so much filler, at such a young age, when she was so naturally pretty.  

James looks really good and healthy, he seems to really be working on his sobriety and learning from his past mistakes.   I'm also liking Raquel and the way she is holding her own with Lala.   

Ariana has also grown on me this season.  I wish we could have seen more of how she and Kristin overcame their issues to become the friends they are today. I actually think Ariana and Sandoval have a very strong relationship.  They may not agree on everything, but I don't see them fighting and lashing out like some of the other couples on VPR.  They also seem to be more inclusive of people and Sandoval seems like he really tries to be a good friend.  When they were on WWHL last week, they seemed to genuinely like each other. 

I haven't been a big fan of Scheana, she comes across as very needy and too concerned with her image.  However, one of the editors of VPR went on a podcast and revealed that she enjoyed making Scheana look bad and would purposely edit her scenes that way.  

This editor also revealed that Bravo wanted Stassi and Beau to have a "hero edit" so they were being edited in a more favorable light than the rest of the cast.  I believe this editor was fired last week from VPR for sharing these details.  

Not a big fan of the newbies, especially those 2 look alike guys. I usually skip their scenes. 

Respected Contributor

I think tonight is the Season Finale.  That went pretty quick.  I think I dozed off last week so I will watch the prior episode at 8PM tonight before the finale.  How much longer can Jax do this show?  He's getting a little long in the tooth.  I think marrying Brittany was a mistake, maybe he felt the pressure because of the show and thats why he went thru with it.  I think he does love her, but maybe is just not cut out for that commitment until he's in his 50's.

I enjoyed the season.  I kinda like some of the newbies.  They bring something besides the same ole same ole to the show.  I like Brett and Max is growing on me.  Dayna is kinda growing on me (can't believe she's a comedienne - she seems so serious) - Danica and Charli I'm not wild about.  Looking forward to it tonight.

I'm said that we will have no more "reality" for awhile because of Covid.  What on earth will we all watch w/o our HW's, our Below Decks, VP, etc....?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

IMHO, I think Jax is definitely on something besides Adderall.  I looked at Bravo's site earlier this morning and they have pix of what the cast will be wearing for the reunion.  They're having all the newbies too.  My TV isn't large enough for them all!  LOL!

@jellyBEAN, Below Deck Med starts June 1 and RHoP starts sometime this summer so we'll have a little new reality to watch.  Have you seen the commercials for BDM....June 1, June 1, Hannah.  It's hilarious!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

What did everyone think of the finale?

I watched both last week's episode (hadn't seen it) and the finale so I'm a little confused about which was which.  I feel a bit sorry for Jax.  Look at the opportunity that LVP has presented to the two Tom's - first - Tom Tom and now an expansive extension of Tom Tom called TT's Garden with a 10% stake.  She is really setting them up for life.

Granted what with what's going on now with restrictions and all, that puts a damper on things, and will the clubs still be so popular once this show runs its course?  But Jax has been on the show from the beginning, and a major player on the show, and LVP has sort of cast him aside for the other two.  I don't think that's very nice and if it were me I'd feel badly that I was the one left out of all the opportunity and success.

Stassi is going to be a nightmare bride.  I hope James is able to stay sober.  He's quite likeable when he is, and he looked very dapper in his suit DJing at TT's 1 year anniversary.  Kristen is also being cast away by her 'friends'.  Just because she can't get over Carter?  Why should that bother Katie and Stassi so much?  Kristen's a grown woman and can make decisions for herself.  I don't like Katie (never did) and I really never liked Stassi either.  Not that I like Kristen, but I don't think she's done anything to be thrown away by the others like she has.  Very mean.

As far as Sandoval and Ariana go, I think they are probably more like roommates who get along.  Their pool party was certainly a lot livlier than Jax n Brittany's.

As far as the newbies, I guess they will be kept around, maybe all except for Danica.  She's not in LVP's good graces with her behavior.  I think Brett will be back, Max and Dayna also.  Charli - who cares.  Sorry to see the season end.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

l haven't watched all of last night's show; I fell asleep.

I think Lisa has probably overlooked Jax for the opportunities because Jax is a loose cannon whereas T and T can be maneuvered.  I don't mean that in a bad way about T and T, she just knew she could count on them and Jax absolutely not.   They would be more pliable.  Jax is Jax.  Look at the fit he had about wearing the Sur shirt.  

Kristin has a new boyfriend and Stassi has commented on her social media good, congratulatory things to her.  Kind things.  Maybe the girl drama was for the show.  IMO Katie is just a nasty narcisstic B and will follow anything Stassi wants.  

What kind of relationship do Katie and Tom have when they get so vile towards each other when they are drinking.  She has been vile towards him for sure, but if my husband said the kind of things to me that Tom says to her, it would be over.  How many times can she fall for the "I'm sorry, bubba, I drank too much" BS.  Reality check, both of your suppressed,  true feelings are coming out.   

I agree, @jellyBEAN , about Sandoval and Ariana.  I think he wants a relationsip so badly that anything she says goes, which is why there aren't the confrontations the others have.  Although next season they may be the poster children for nasty behavior.  Seems each year these shows have different people chosen for the horrible edit.

Interesting about the editor's comments about Scheana's edit, @happy32.  I think that's the norm.  These editors make the story they want, that they think will bring the most drama.. 

I think Dayna has zero personality and tries to make a storyline.  Also must have zero self-esteem between feeling she constantly has to tell people  how hot she is and then when Brett blurts he has no feelings for her says she knows he really does but was feeling pressured (or whatever she said).

I just think they missed the boat with these newbies and best start with a new batch next season.  Brett can be like Peter, in the background, since LVP clearly favors him.  Keep Max if they must but get some new girls.  

ETA:  I finished watching the show.  I wonder if Jax is on some type of speed or something for him to have such rage.  Or don't steroids cause rage, too?  My guess is something.   I did rather enjoy him refering to it being "his show" and LVP shutting him down on that.

Honored Contributor

I watched the finale and you can add me to list of those who think Jax is taking something. I think he also acts for the camera for show interest. I can't stand him this season. 

Brittany is downing shots every episode so there is something going on there too.

Tom and Ariana ...I don't know Tom sure likes beauty rituals and dressing in drag. There might be more to their story.

Katie has gotten so lazy. She is too young to be home without kids doing nothing.

Staci will probably be a major Bridezilla and Lala the same.

I think Kristen also has a substance abuse problem. She adds nothing but the same poor me story line every season.

Kristen, Danica, Brett, Sheena, Charlie, and Max can all not come back and I would be fine with that.

Contributor

I think Jax is probably jealous that the Toms are successful and continuing to expand their business with Lisa, especially since he always saw himself as the #1 guy in the group.  Given how unreliable and unstable he is (at least on the show) I can see why Lisa would prefer the Toms over Jax.  People who have visited Tom Tom and posted it on social media have said how nice and polite Schwartz and Sandoval are to their guests.  Even now with the whole COVID-19, I heard that the Toms have joined Cameo and are donating 100% of the profits to their staff.  (Cameo is an app where people can purchase celebrity greetings for a price).   

I actually liked that Katie was standing up a bit to Jax and Brittany.  When Brittany said that people needed to respect her husband, I just rolled my eyes.  For starters, he doesn't repsect her or anyone else.  It always seems that the people who demand respect are the same ones who can't be bothered to earn it in the first place. 

I was really happy to see James and to know that his mom is also staying sober.  James has really grown on me and he seems to take his sobriety seriously, especially the part about making amends to people he's hurt in the past.  He seemed to genuinely apologize to Randall and Randall, to his credit, seemed to accept his apology and wished him the best.   

I don't know what was up with mini-Scheana from Las Vegas, but she was really annoying.  Maybe she had too much alcohol, but it seemed that she was trying too hard to get on camera and nobody really liked her, except for Scheana of course. 

I used to like Lala when she first started, but she has really changed.  She's the type of person that is loud, and she thinks having the loudest voice makes her a strong person.  I remember her saying that she wasn't too worried about COVID-19 because she had a wedding coming up and God wouldn't do that to HER.  Nothing about anybody else's pain or suffering, she was just worried about herself.   

I've always wondered if Stassi and Katie's friendship with Lala is based more on money than actual friendship.  They both dragged her in previous seasons but once Lala started sharing her private jet with them and taking them on trips, they had a change of heart.  Makes me wonder if they will reach out to Kristin now that Kristin is rumored to be dating a millionaire herself.  I do think they had more of a real friendship (albeit toxic) and I get the feeling they will be friends again. 

Out of the newbies, I think Charli was my favorite.  At first I didn't care too much for her but she did make me laugh a few times with her comments (Jax's retirement party, lol).  However, she went on a podcast and really spilled the tea.  She said she had gone through some serious childhood trauma and that certain foods trigger her, so she avoids those foods.  She also said she was held at gunpoint during a crime. She filmed a scene where she has a discussion about this with Scheana and Dayna, but it was not shown on the show.  I would have rather seen this than the love triangle between Dayna, Max, and Brett.  Maybe the producers thought it was too heavy of a topic to air, who knows??  

The way the show ended made it seem like a series finale.  I think they normally start filming in June, but who knows what will happen this year.  I get the feeling that Lala and Stassi would have wanted to see their weddings on the show, so maybe they'll film another season just for their weddings.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stassi and Kristen are being called out for their behavior following Jax's tryst with the girl while he was engaged to Britney.  Stassi has lost endorsements, her magazine column, and taking a break from her podcasts...all in the matter of a day.   I wonder if Max and Brett's tweets coming to light now would have made a difference in Lisa making excuses.  As much as this show rides their high horse on protecting certain groups' rights, it will be interesting to see how or if their ignoring other things plays out.  Not on the show, I know that's done for the season, but in the media.