Esteemed Contributor

Re: VANDERPUMP RULES.....2020, SEASON 8

Nope, don't like any of the new three this week any more than I did last week.  I can't tell the two guys apart.  One I dislike more than the other, I think it's Max, the one in the couple with Dayna, whom I still don't like at all, either, and no, I didn't find her funny etiher, @jellyBEAN .   I'm trying to recall, but didn't Ariana and Kristen take a run at the stand-up comedy in the past, too?

Totally agree about Schwartz, totally worthless, but not confrontational and causing trouble to the extent Jax has IMO.   And I agree about Lisa wanting to take care of Katie.  Interesting how she becomes their mother hen.

I think this show has probably run its course.  They're all getting a little old for the drama.  Totally staged.  I mean in what world would an author go to the manager of the establishment she's having a book signing and scream at them.  But on the other hand, that's who Stassi's audience is, people who love that kind of drama and that would make the book signing even better I'd imagine.

Anyway, I don't see the new kids being able to carry the show on their own.

One other thing.  Every time I see Lala, and she opens her mouth about what she has to offer her producer boyfriend (which can't be typed here), I wonder what must his Hollywood elite group think of her,  and him being involved in reality TV. 

Honored Contributor

I too am still not liking the 3 newbies.

Sheena is her usual desperate self....yes Sheena you really are Boy Crazy.

I think Kristin has a substance abuse problem. I think drugs and alcohol make her act the way she does. I have no idea what she does for work. She just bought a house so she must do something.

I haven't seen Lisa's son Max in a while..I wonder if he still works for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I too am still not liking the 3 newbies.

Sheena is her usual desperate self....yes Sheena you really are Boy Crazy.

I think Kristin has a substance abuse problem. I think drugs and alcohol make her act the way she does. I have no idea what she does for work. She just bought a house so she must do something.

I haven't seen Lisa's son Max in a while..I wonder if he still works for them.

On WWHL the other night I believe they mentioned Kristin is another one who is writing a book.  

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody still watching?

Are Tom and Arianna not the two most obnoxious characters this season?   First off, they feel so superior to everybody else.  Well, actually when I think about it,  Tom is just acting like a responsible adult but there really is no place for a responsible adult in that cast.  He sticks out like a sore thumb is the problem.  Woman LOL

It seems Arianna is just working to find a storyline she can fit in to grab some camera time. 

Still not liking Dayna at all.  I don't know what it is about her, but I just don't like her.   No personality as far as I can see.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom   I'm still watching.  I look forward to it being on, not sure why Woman Frustrated.  I've always liked Sandoval - I get a kick out of him and his fashions and grooming routines.  He doesn't xpress himself well.  He and Arianna seem so ill-matched.  Now her storyline is that she suffers from depression and she's bi.  The whole gay pride hoopla is really something out there - almost like Mardi Gras.

So Jax and Brittany are still together, wedding 2 weeks away and their whole Pastor fiasco.  Another ill suited couple.  And James and Raquel.  She's like a little puppy dog and he's a raging pit bull.  Guess Kristin makes a pretty penny from being one of the OG's on the show, so she can afford a cute little home.  What she ever saw in Carter is beyond me.

I do like Stassi and Beau together.  He's probably the most level-headed one of the show.  Maybe Peter is pretty level-headed as well.  I've always kinda liked Peter. 

As far as the newbies go, I might be liking Dayna a little more.  There are a lot of newbies at SUR - that female manager, a few of the waitstaff - females, Dayna, the new guy that is Lisa's trainer.  I really dislike Max.  Not sure why.  I don't find him attractive, and not very intelligent, how'd he get the job managing at TT?

I guess if I were to take a trip out to LA I'd want to see some of these places.  I bet they make a fortune in merchandising.  I wonder what ever became of Shay after he and Scheana divorced?  He's never mentioned.  I do think Scheana is a bit jealous of Dayna because Dayna's younger and w/the guy Scheana had been with for a quick minute.  Plus Dayna's on Scheana's stomping ground, coming in and maybe invading her turf too much.  I can see the dislike there.

Sorry to go on so long but those are my thoughts.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I think they are all obnoxious.  I am not a regular watcher because they all drive me crazy.  Sometimes there is nothing on so I will put this on and what to smack my own self for watching.

I cannot stand Jax and Brittney.  She turns my stomach. This past episode when they were talking about their wedding song was a real eye roller.  "Looks like we made it?"  Made it to what?  Walking down the aisle?  That's about all they made it to.  I don't see Jax being faithful.  I'd say I don't think the marriage will last but Brittney is so stupid, I think she'll stick with Jax no matter what he does.

The one I find the worst though is Lala.  She seems to think she is the mother figure of the group or the voice of reason with all of them.  As if what she says is so profound.  Give me a break.  Is she seriously going to try and convince anyone she'd be with her fiance if he was Joe Schmoe working at Ford?     

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

lol @Lipstickdiva .  I actually didn't watch last season because I just couldn't stomach it but nothing is on when it's on this season so I decided to re-visit it.  

Totally agree about Jax and Brittney and her staying with him no matter what.  The question is will he stay.  Will any of these couples stay together when the show ends.  Maybe Tom and Katie, but I seriously doubt Sandoval and Arianna.  IMO she has never been that into him and is strictly along for the ride and her 15 minutes.   I am thinking an Arianna/Dayna hookup is in our future, maybe even a relationship.

Lala is about as low as they go.  Her self-professed claim to fame and her ability to keep a man is her magnificent b*** j***.  How many times has she said that.

I think the only one who doesn't take any of this seriously and sees it for what it is, a cash cow, and her ability to ride it for as long as she can is Stassi.

@jellyBEAN, not sure where you are from, or any of you reading this, but do other states have the gay pride parades all over like CA does?  I know many cities in CA do but not sure if other states do, also. 

Raquel is a beautiful girl but manohman, she is going to be a doormat for anybody.

Scheana has always been like the outsider always trying to claw her way in; always trying to find somebody to love her. 

As far as the newbies, still not a fan of any of them, but Max...why is he the manager at TT?  What do the Toms do?  Just be the face of it?  It's been established they don't bartend.  Lisa oversees it and is the true owner.

Respected Contributor

I think they get more stupid every year...

Honored Contributor

How much more can we take of Brittany screaming and crying?...OMG it never ends. Brittanys mother was married 4 times so a stable marriage is something Brittany has not seen in her life. If she and Jax split she will probably move on to the next guy.

I think Tom and Arianna have more problems than we see on TV. They bought a beautiful 2 Million Dollar house and stil have not furnished it, Arianna is bored and wants to work again (she could spend time furnishing and decorating her house), he wants to marry and have kids and she doesn't,...and she probably prefers women over men.

They have a relationship that is hard to understand because they want opposite things in their future and life. 

They are just not a good match at all to me. Tom is overreacting this season but it could be because he is unhappy in his personal life....just my observation.

Respected Contributor

Sandoval is wasting his time on Ariana.  He may luv her, she may luv him - as a person - but they are not in luv.  This beautiful new home is unfurnished and she is as miserable and depressed as ever.  He is too, thus his choosing to come to blows w/Jax and Brittany 2 weeks before their wedding.  I think Sandoval wishes it were himself getting married and Jax is just the opposite.  I think Jax is only going thru with it because he's in too deep now.  Imagine if he were to back out of the wedding at this point in time?  He'd be on EVERYONE's you know what list!!

Still not taking to the newbies.  Scheana needs to find herself a fellow who is a bit older and wiser.  She's reaching a certain age - as Kristen is too - where they can't compete w/the young girl's in their early 20's for boyfriends at their place of work.  They've reached a certain level of success w/this show, make very good livings and I think they deserve men who would appreciate them and not use them the way these younger guys and unemployed (Carter/Shay) guys do.

Speaking of being a user - Lala - we finally get to meet "Rand" - see their home and get to know him a little more.  Seems like a nice enough guy, but eeessh - he sort of turns me off physically.  Am I being shallow?  Maybe the more we get to see him and know him, my thoughts will change.

Did I hear there were only a couple more shows?  The wedding I guess will be the finale.  Brittany's Mom is a very pretty lady, as is Brittany, but I just don't care for her, and never did.  She's changed so much over the past 2/3 seasons. 

Oh, my reason for posting - what does everyone think about Tom getting axed from the wedding?  I don't think he is invited now as even a guest?  Ariana said she didn't feel right about not going w/Tom and I understand that.  Will Tom and Jax make up before the big day?  I think they would be better off marrying each other than being with the women they are with.  Woman Embarassed

Flowers are nature's way of laughing