Honored Contributor

Re: Update about Tony Dow (Leave It To Beaver)

So sad about Tony's passing; condolences to the Dow family.  

Jerry Mathers (Beaver) seems to be the only one left; he's 74.  Ken Osmond (Eddie), Frank Bank (Lumpy), and Stanley Farfara (Whitey) are all gone.

Honored Contributor

I got a little choked up when I heard the news  earlier. And I immediately thought of Jerry Mathers and felt for him.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

So sad to hear this.  I knew he was ill but didn't know how bad it was.  I always liked him in Leave It To Beaver.

Honored Contributor

My local news station has posted that his wife is stating that he is currently still living.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

My local news station has posted that his wife is stating that he is currently still living.  

Yes, I just read where his wife said he is dying, but not dead yet. He is in hospice in his last stage of life....So very very sad!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, Page Six just reported that he is not dead.  His wife "made a mistake". O.....k....

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I was wondering why his facebook page from early this morning had been taken down. 

Glad to hear he hadn't died.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Yep, Oage Six just reported that he is not dead.  His wife "made a mistake". O.....k....

yes, very strange.....his wife contacted the person who runs his offical  facebook page and  told them he had passed away and wanted his fans notified. then his daughter in law contacted them and said he was not doing well, but has not passed and that they were "by his side."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update.  It's good to know he hasn't died as earlier reported.  Maybe he'll get to read all the nice things that were said about him in the media.

Like Mark Twain's, the report of Tony's death was exaggerated - if not greatly.

Trusted Contributor

ABC7 reported that his wife Lauren contacted George Pennacchio and said that Tony was under hospice care and near death.  His management team wrongfully announced his death in a facebook post which has now been deleted.  Prayers for Tony and his dear family.