Honored Contributor

Re: Update: The Family Chantel (SPOILER)

@Love my grandkids  I completely agree with you about Chantelle and her boobs.

At some point in this young woman's life, she decided she was all about her boobs.

As the mother of a daughter who wanted big boobs (like her sister); and finally got implants, I can tell you I gave up trying to figure out why society places so much "ga-ga"over big breasts.

For my daughter, at least, the few extra pounds she added, made the bigger boobs less noticeable.

It's always sad when a marriage breaks up. However, I think most of us could see that coming from day one.

I read somewhere that the number of marriages filmed in "reality TV" that have disintegrated is ....well...astounding.

A different subject.    I used to say was,  if a movie flashed on the ceiling as 2 people were 'getting busy' could happen; the couple might stop immediately...or at least spend a second thinking.

The same could be true, if, before families were shown various videos of other families being filmed for all posterity;  they might think twice  before signing on the dotted line.

For it's not just the film being shot...these families are at the mercy of those editing the film to be shown.

Who among us has often thought out loud about an incident or person?  It might not be in the best thought process at the time (like, "glad no one's around to hear that").

But in reality TV,  the camera IS there grinding away.  It WILL be saved and shown at a later date.  

Most likely, it will be shown at a time when audience attendance is low.  

It will be used to draw in a larger audience.

Because as all of us Grandma's know, the audience loves to watch people going at each other.

Again, as we Grandma's often feel disgust.  It's the disgust we expect to see and feel.

It's something you learn in your much later years.🥲

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I have to confess, and please please don't take offense but the word "boobs" is one I find kind of silly. "Breasts" is what they are and what I call them Smiley Happy . To each her own, of course!

Yep, their relationship started with lies and spiralled down from their.

Everyone in both families is horrible or nuts in some way. I think tho that the two mothers are the worst, the absolute worst, examples of mothers I've seen in a long time.

Honored Contributor

I don't take offense.  Actually, when you've been through and around so many personalities as I have in my life...well..

It doesn't bother me if you or anyone else is bothered by the word....any word.

I've always used the correct words for everything; especially the human anatomy.

The use of the word boobs is my version of the slang (as I've stated before) I often use.

I totally understand your dislike for the word.  I get chills up my spine and grit my teeth when my soon 66 year old friend says "pee pee" instead of the word ****** (I hope the use of the latter word doesn't bother you.

Anyway, take care.  Be safe.  Annabelle😘

Honored Contributor

Just to set the record straight at no time in the previous post did I put****instead of the correct word.

We are all grownups here....or are we.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Oh yuck ITA with you about a 63 year old man saying that. When our son was about 4, he and I were in Sears and he said VERY loudly, "mommy I've gotta urinate real bad!'  Didn't bother me at all and people around us laughed.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

There are certain words that QVC won't let us use  and  so they change it by using these  ** instead..sigh!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam @I realize that now.  Perhaps I should have used the 5 year old words my friend sometimes uses.