Honored Contributor

Update About Padgett Brewster/Emily Prentiss (Criminal Minds)

Some of you 'old timers' here who we've been posting for sometime time might remember our conversations about Padgett Brewster who played Emily Prentiss on Criminal Minds for quite a few years.

Remember how we talked about her leaving and how some (myself included) felt that she was amazing in the part and wish she'd come back.

I remember posting that I'd read where her first love was comedy and that she'd been doing standup and several comedy shows (I can't see it, but what do I know).

Anyway, she is good in her 'dead pan' way she delivers her lines.  I just saw where she's going to be in John Stamos' show in the Fall called "Grandfathered".  It's about a guy who's a lover amongst women (gets around) and finds out first that he's the father of a grown son and that the son has a child (hence....grandfather).

I don't know what part she plays in it but I hope it's a continuing role as I enjoy her so much.

Just wanted to put it out there that she's surfaced and who'd have thunk....doing comedy.  Quite a difference from Criminal Minds, but good for her.

Life's too short to have to spend it doing something you don't enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update About Padgett Brewster/Emily Prentiss (Criminal Minds)

Thanks Annabellethecat! I too was one of the ones who really enjoyed her on Criminal Minds, and wished she would come back, but I will definitely check out the new show. She is just stunning-wonder if she is related at all to Jordana Brewster(whois in the Fast and Furious franchise movies)-they look like they could be related..........

Honored Contributor

http://www.answers.com/Q/Are_Paget_Brewster_and_Jordana_Brewster_related

They are both related to the Brewster who came over on the Mayflower (William Brewster).  They are very distant cousins.  Jordana Brewster is the 10th cousin once removed (whatever that means). 

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She's been doing comedy for years. She does the voices in some cartoon shows and has been doing The Thrilling Adventure Hour comedy show once a month in Los Angeles for nearly a decade. They just finished their show in April. They did not record their earlier shows, but you can listen to The Thrilling Adventure Podcast from 2011-2015. The show is done like an old-time radio show.

Paget starred in a segment called Beyond Belief, which as a Nick and Nora Charles meets the Twilight Zone kind of comedy mystery. She plays Sadie Doyle and she and Frank Doyle are paranormal investigators.

You can find all the episodes starting at episode one on iTunes or you can get them on The Nerdist. Here's a link to the Nerdist site: http://nerdist.com/podcasts/thrilling-adventure-hour-channel/

Note that the Nerdist site begins with the newest episode, so you'll need to go to the last page for the first episode. The Nerdist did not sponsor the show early on, so they pick up at episode 42, a Beyond Belief show called White Hunter, Drunk Heart. Beyond Belief is not serialized, so you do not need to listen in order. If you want to listen to Sparks Nevada episodes (He's a marshall on Mars and it's a space cowboy series), start with the earliest possible episode. Those are serialized and you need to "tune in next time!" to find out what happens to Sparks and his partner, Croach the Tracker.

Regular Contributor

I just cannot picture her in a comedic role but will give her a chance!  Think she has contributed so much to Criminal minds that hate to lose yet another cast memeber.

I have a feeling (my speculating only) that with JJ and Jenniver Hewitt being new moms and even with the advent of guest stars, wonder if Criminal Minds isn't going to have a swan song in another year.  Comments????

"You never know when the  last time is the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

I'm so excited this morning.  I am catching up on my DVR (watching Criminal Minds).  This is the first one since Shemar Moore left.  

So excited to see Padget Brewster back on even if it's only for one time!  It makes me realize how much I miss her on here.

I don't care for Alesia Tyler's character on this show.  I know it's lame but I wish Padgett Brewster would come back on.  Maybe since her other show has been canceled she'll come back.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I watched that one when it was on but didn't watch the subsequent shows. With some sadness, I deleted Criminal Minds from my DVR. As much as I loved Emily's character, without Derek even she wasn't the same. I will continue to catch reruns and I have a few favorites saved.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique You can see them (I think) ON DEMAND.  Yes, Emily didn't quite seem the same that episode.  I did like the way they all went out to dinner together.

I really miss seeing them together.  I miss Derek.  I hope his leaving isn't a mistake for him.  He's attractive and talented, but sometimes that isn't enough, unfortunately.

This show is slowly dying.  So sad to see.  I don't understand how some of these stupid shows stay on the air and yet really good drama shows are dying off.

It's gritty sometimes but it's cut and dry on who's good and who's not good.  I like that. 

Some of these new shows are so complex they make it difficult to keep up and tell good from bad.  I'm old school and like it when I don't get a headache from over-thinking!