Highlighted
Respected Contributor

"Sling Blade" Love between a boy and a mentally challenged man.  Caution, some violence.

"Regarding Henry"  Love between husband & wife.  Also between father & daughter"

"City Of Angels"  Love between an angel and a woman/doctor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual Love Story Movies

@Jackhound Mom My late DH and i enjoyed Sling Blade (Billy Bob Thornton is one of the oddest actors no matter what part he plays) and Regarding Henry.

Didn't see the last one and it's not something that would interest me.

Honored Contributor

Isn't Regarding Henry also about the love of a dog?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite is Harold and Maude. And I love this song....Sing out Ruth!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGze_1DWbE

Valued Contributor

Harold and Maude, a love story between an elderly woman and a young man. They both have quirky personalities that seemed perfect for each other.

I really like this movie. It's a comedy staring Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

@silkyk Great minds think alike!

That clip you shared was fun to see.

The Cat Stevens music in the film was really good. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

The Face of Love - about a woman who falls in love with a man who looks just like her late husband (Annette Bening, Ed Harris, Robin Williams).

Honored Contributor

White Palace with Susan Sarandan and James Spader. I haven't seen it for a long time, but it's a good one!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Charley" is a wonderful love story.

Cliff Robertson is brilliant in it, and so is the actress who plays his love interest, her name escapes me.

I haws immersed in my MA studies when I saw it, and as struck by the accuracy of his portrayal.

Let me know if you like it. Wish I could find it "On Demand" today, but I need a nap (Grandchildren Weekend!)

Respected Contributor

I do love Sling Blade.

Chances Are with Robert Downey Jr, Cybill Shepherd, Ryan O'Neal & Mary Stuart Masterson is such a funny unusual love story.

"A reincarnated man unknowingly falls in love with his own daughter from his previous life."

RDJ is amazing in this. As he starts realizing that MSM is actually his daughter & CS was his wife, which he still loves & RO as his best friend that NO way believes that this kid is his reincarnated best friend!