Honored Contributor

Re: Unsellable Houses on HGTV

@Mom2Dogs 

Thank you, that's the one.

The title has been misleading me into thinking it's that woman who restores houses vintage houses.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain ...  I'm not a fan of their work or either of them !!  They are in the real estate business first, so what better self promotion then for the girls to fix a house on TV and then announce they had seventeen OFFERS OVER THE PRICE" and sold it in one day.  I might use them too with that kind of magic ...  PLUS NOW they have their OWN STORE you can shop from ONLINE to decorate YOUR home the way THEY decorate !!  Not a fan of the "twin win" or the show.

Honored Contributor

It's like Maine Cabin Masters.  I don't understand how they do all that work, with that many workers for that many weeks for so little money.

Super Contributor

I believe Maine Cabin Masters use material Chase has collected from projects they have renovated in the past. Which would bring they're cost down plus doing it on TV must have perks
Super Contributor

@MildredM  I have been wondering that myself when watching the show.  There's no way labor is figured into the cost, just no way.  I just had a master bathroom finished yesterday and that was what it cost.   I think so many of those shows are getting sponsors donating either their time or product costs.  I know these shows can set up some unrealistic expectations for those of us doing projects when we find out how much it REALLY costs.  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain    I am.  I love the show.   They are renovating run down abandoned neighborhoods in Detroit.

Trusted Contributor

@DustRose wrote:
I believe Maine Cabin Masters use material Chase has collected from projects they have renovated in the past. Which would bring they're cost down plus doing it on TV must have perks

I live in Maine and they are working on someone I know's cabin right now.  The owner of the cabin tells them  how much they have to spend and then the cabin master's make up the plan of what will be done without the owner's input.  They do also save a lot of leftover lumber and items and reuse it on additional projects.  I have followed them down the road and their pick up trucks look like they are going to explode because they are so full of left over items.  If you also notice,  they are not often insulating the camps.  Camp work is done at a much cheaper price.

Super Contributor

Turnergirl. That’s so cool 😎.