Esteemed Contributor

Unforgotten on PBS

[ Edited ]

So glad this show is back!  I love the team (and Sunny) that Cassie leads.  Competent and compassionate.  And Cassie above all.

I'd forgotten how this show works...one crime per season; multiple people who are not all responsible but "dirty laundry" is exposed on each of them.  

So who is it this time?  I'm think Eliot's dad; then I think the guy who asked Jamila to marry him.

Dr. Finch...I KNEW he looked familiar.  Figured it out...Albert's uncle on Victoria (Alex Jennings).

Looking forward to next week!

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

I watched it last night.  I liked it last season and agree the cast is good.  I remember last season I had trouble understanding some of the dialogue due to it being very English.  Last night I accidentally turned on closed captioning and it helped a lot.  If I didn’t get a word I could quickly glance at closed captioning.  

The lead actress was also on Last Tango in Halifax on PBS and she was good in that too.   

After watching Unforgotten my PBS station started a new show called Modus.  It is very suspenseful, very.  I thought I would tape the second half because I didn’t think I could sleep if I watched it all. Of course I then watched it all anyhow.  I don’t know how many episodes there are but it is a goodie.  I did sleep.

Honored Contributor

Last season's series was excellent and I am sure this season will be too.  It is well done, keeps you focused and interested and the acting superb.  I always look forward to Masterpiece Theater and the Mysteries  In fact Sunday nights are a  treat for me knowing both programs are on and no matter what is shown, continuing or new I will be impressed by excellence in TV. Masterpiece Theater has maintained its high standard since it began, love it.

Respected Contributor

I love that show and didn't know it was back.   Thanks!

Honored Contributor

love this one

watching MrJTB last night and we both think XXX did it 

not posting spoilers . but we could do a spoiler if you want

I love how they have the 3 storylines woven in and you are wondering how they all work together until the end

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of this information.  I have not seen past seasons and am really glad to hear that it is a new subject each season.

Have been searching for more shows to watch ever since my Dish Network lost HBO with no indication of a return.

Respected Contributor

UGH . I went online to PBS to watch and it's only available to Passport members and I'm not one.   So, I'll have to wait until they make it available to everyone.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

UGH . I went online to PBS to watch and it's only available to Passport members and I'm not one.   So, I'll have to wait until they make it available to everyone.  

@Bridgegal 

Try this PBS "copy paste" link.....

pbs.org/video/episode-1-bf0ja1/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I thought last night's episode was stunning!  IMO previous seasons pale in comparison to this one.  

It's such a long time until Sunday!

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal  For a minimum donation to your PBS station (I think it's $60 for mine), you can have Passport status for the year.

Keepin' it real.