Esteemed Contributor

What did you think?

I felt let down...I think.  He seemed the most normal of all of them, but it wasn't that.  I think it was because he was such a cold fish about it all.  Like it was nothing.  But I guess that's a sociopath.

I wonder if there will be another "season."  Cassie took this one pretty hard, although I'm not sure why.  Closer to this family?  Pressure at home?  The consequences of the forgotten file?

if there's another one, I'll watch.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Perfect timing, I finished watching it this morning.  I was not totally surprised that it was him after we met his first wife and found out what he did to her.  He destroyed her for no other reason than that he could.  He's a sociopath so when he was caught, he wouldn't have any emotion.  Except he did seem to feel something for his bipolar friend.  He was human with him.  Cassie did fall apart but her breakdown had as much to do with her personal problems....that they never went into....as it did with her work.  I hope there is a 4th season because I'd like to know more about Cassie's story.  And then there was the tragedy that happened because of that lost file.     

Esteemed Contributor

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series!!  I really enjoy how the plot thickens after the initial murder! 

I was also a bit let down at the end.  Guess I thought there would be more 'fireworks'.  Hope there will be more shows next season.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  I tried to write my post in such a way that it nothing would be spoiled for anyone who hadn't seen it yet. 

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Perfect timing, I finished watching it this morning.  I was not totally surprised that it was him after we met his first wife and found out what he did to her.  He destroyed her for no other reason than that he could.  He's a sociopath so when he was caught, he wouldn't have any emotion.  Except he did seem to feel something for his bipolar friend.  He was human with him.  Cassie did fall apart but her breakdown had as much to do with her personal problems....that they never went into....as it did with her work.  I hope there is a 4th season because I'd like to know more about Cassie's story.  And then there was the tragedy that happened because of that lost file.     

---

I wasn't really surprised, either, but I agree that his confession/ explanation was inconsistent with his relationship with Chris.

He said that he didn't care about any of his "friends," and that  he would not care if he never saw any of them again. That just didn't make sense to me, since he went very much out of his way to help Chris on more than one occasion.

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

---

I wasn't really surprised, either, but I agree that his confession/ explanation was inconsistent with his relationship with Chris.

He said that he didn't care about any of his "friends," and that  he would not care if he never saw any of them again. That just didn't make sense to me, since he went very much out of his way to help Chris on more than one occasion.

but only for his own ends,  in order to fit in and be just another person. not because he cared about him/Chris 

Honored Contributor

I didn't love it as much as the other 2 seasons and storylines. much better plots IMO 

I thought this went on, 1 episode too long

there will be season 4 

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

---

It made no sense to me either.  I kept waiting to see if he was using Chris in some way, perhaps he kept him close to frame Chris for his crimes but that never did happen.  I suppose the take away is that even a sociopath can have feelings for someone.   The writers never explained it just as they never explained why Cassie fell apart the way she did.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

---

but only for his own ends,  in order to fit in and be just another person. not because he cared about him/Chris 

Maybe but he was already fitting in and fooling everyone.  No one except his first wife had an inkling of what he really was.  I don't think anyone else even knew that he looked out for Chris.