Esteemed Contributor

i just think Oliver Martinez is just soooo HOT !   I just love his look especially that unkept sexy look he had in this movie ☺️😽  I lime Richard agree as well,   But he isn't my type as far as looks go ,  great actor though.  Diane L. was fantastic in this movie ,   I like her in everything she does.   I have to agree with all of you,   Need to watch it commercial free as well .  

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 

I love the scenery in Nights in Rodanthe, but think the idea of falling in love over a couple days is ridiculous.  A hot romance, yes, but everlasting love?  No.  The encounter was a rebound for both of them. 

BTW, we live in NC and have vacationed in and near Rodanthe many times.  The inn building, shown in the film,  was still there the last time we were at the Outer Banks.  It's been vacant and may have been demolished by now. 

Trusted Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@Pink123 

I love the scenery in Nights in Rodanthe, but think the idea of falling in love over a couple days is ridiculous.  A hot romance, yes, but everlasting love?  No.  The encounter was a rebound for both of them. 

BTW, we live in NC and have vacationed in and near Rodanthe many times.  The inn building, shown in the film,  was still there the last time we were at the Outer Banks.  It's been vacant and may have been demolished by now. 

@this is my nic  I loved the scenery and beauty of the outerbanks as well and one day hope to visit along with Charleston.

I hope they didn't demolish it though.  Lucky you for getting to see the house.

I read the book first before the movie came out and am a fan of Nicholas Spark's and his southern romances. I've probably seen "the Notebook" at least 5 times and will watch it again if I catch it.

I agree, their love affair was pretty unrealistic

but am a fan of Diane Lane and Richard Gere too. 

Remember "Under the Tuscan Sun"?  A lighthearted but charming lovely film with Diane.

Respected Contributor
❤️ Richard Gere and have enjoyed most of his movies. Hard to believe he recently turned 70 and has a baby to raise. Think the baby is one now.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
❤️ Richard Gere and have enjoyed most of his movies. Hard to believe he recently turned 70 and has a baby to raise. Think the baby is one now.

i havent kept up and did not realize he has a baby......the baby is only 6 months old right now! i guess hes still got it! Smiley Wink one of my favorite actors and have loved him in so many movies......american gigolo, officer and a gentleman, pretty woman, unfaithful, the cotton club, shall we dance.

according to wikipedia his father is still alive.at 97.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
@sunshine45. I was thinking the baby was born summer 2018, but guess that is when he got married.
Honored Contributor

As far as I am concerned he never looked better than the way he he looked in Pretty Woman!! Not before or after!!

Respected Contributor
@Shelbelle I pretty much agree with you but did think he looked pretty good in Unfaithful. Have to say I admire people who are comfortable with their hair when it turns silver, apparently he never agreed to color his hair for any movie, at least the ones I’ve seen him in.
Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Seen it many times, but the ending is a terrible let down, I call it a movie with no real ending. 

I know!  I hate movies that leave you hanging at the end.  Just TELL me what they did!Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

As far as I am concerned he never looked better than the way he he looked in Pretty Woman!! Not before or after!!

@Shelbelle   Have you ever watched American Gigolo? Yum!