Honored Contributor

Trouble Along the Way. He is a football coach who goes to live at a Catholic college with his little girl-trouble ensues when his methods aren't exactly what the priest in charge had in mind. I loved this movie discovered years ago on a rainy Saturday afternoon. TCM is showing it this Wednesday @ 11:30 am.

Honored Contributor

Re: Underrated John Wayne movie

I saw that movie many years ago. Thanks for posting that it was going to be on. 

Sometime when I look at the schedule, if the title of the movie doesn't jump out at me, I pass it by. I too oftem miss a good movie. Like this one. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, echoing @drizzellla's sentiments.  I love John Wayne, but am not always overly interested in the subject matter (war, etc.) of some of his films.  I think I saw snippets of this years ago, and loved the different side it showed of the Duke!   Thanks for alerting!

Respected Contributor

I grew up with my father watching John Wayne movies.  His all time favorite was The Searchers.  I'm not much on the war or cowboy movies myself, but there are two John Wayne movies that are my all time favorites, one a little less well known.  The Quiet Man (of course) and Donovan's Reef.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy, "The Searchers" is magnificent-- one of the best Westerns ever made.