Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Under the Gunn 2/13 Spoilers

I loved the idea that they were creating something for Zendaya to wear. I like the winning gal. That red plaid seemed to fit Zendaya's taste and needs.

I was glad to see Isabella leave. Maybe we will now see emphasis on other designers.

I think that Nick's mentoring skills leave a lot to be desired; his ego is so tied up in this. The designers don't have time to think before they go to buy their material.

I don't have a favorite yet; do you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Under the Gunn 2/13 Spoilers

I was very happy to see Isabelle go. She was driving me nuts. I'm not overly fond of anyone, but I find the two women working under Nick and then Asha the least annoying.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Isabelle would have done better with a different mentor. Maybe not good but better.

I liked the winner's design, it was perfect for Zendaya. Some of the designs were just odd and not in a good way.

I think this show will improve if it lasts a few seasons and they make some changes.

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoy design shows. And I think Tim Gunn is a great teacher and knows how to mentor very well. Anya does a good job although she messed up with poor Brady and then let him go?! And Mondo is very good. I think he is extremely intelligent and a very good mentor also. He gives good helpful comments. But Nick is a disaster as a mentor. I wonder if he is a good teacher. As another said, His ego is getting in the way. Its annoying.

Honored Contributor

That Anya/Brady episode was kind of awkward. He's a Juniors designer but she told him to make his design more for an older crowd, he does so and makes the bottom two because it was too old looking then Anya cuts him. Seriously? He did exactly what she told him to do and then she cut him? I'm not sure I'd want her as my mentor after seeing that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/15/2014 gardenman said:

That Anya/Brady episode was kind of awkward. He's a Juniors designer but she told him to make his design more for an older crowd, he does so and makes the bottom two because it was too old looking then Anya cuts him. Seriously? He did exactly what she told him to do and then she cut him? I'm not sure I'd want her as my mentor after seeing that.

GARDEN>>that is exactly what I thought. I cannot believe that she didn't cut the other guy....his outfit wasn't wonderful either. Brady followed her direction and its too bad he didn't follow his own instinct. I felt very sorry for him. It would have been fun to see what he would have made for Zendaya.

Valued Contributor

On 2/15/2014 capatosta said:
On 2/15/2014 gardenman said:

GARDEN>>that is exactly what I thought. I cannot believe that she didn't cut the other guy....his outfit wasn't wonderful either. Brady followed her direction and its too bad he didn't follow his own instinct. I felt very sorry for him. It would have been fun to see what he would have made for Zendaya.

I agree with both of you. I felt bad for him as well and would have loved to see his design for Zendaya. IMO, she should have stood behind him because she advised him to stay away from the junior design.

As for Isabella (sp?), so glad she's gone. She's been doing her last minute "I'm not ready yet" for too long and IMO, Tim should have disqualified her as it wasn't fair to the others. I had to laugh at the beginning of the show when she said 'I don't listen to anybody'.

As for Nick, he should take lessons for mentoring.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Nick years ago as a contestant and have seem in in another show as well. But in this one, he STINKS. Sorry Nick.