Respected Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I have heard that this is a great ,very entertaining movie and given a fact that I am a gem lover I was very excited to watch.

Here is my opinion.  Even though it’s a fast pacing movie, I found it boring, long, filled with extremely bad language ( every second word in a sentence is “F” word. I am not a stranger to this language but it was way too unpleasant.

Adam Sandler played really well, but I did not like his character and I do not think he will get any award for this garbage movie.  And, boy, his dentist needs to be shot! ( sorry I am a pro so always look at teeth).

Another thing I cannot get, how people familiar with gems could think that Éthiopien opals are so precious. So glad to be educated by ShopHQ long time ago that these are cheap stones.

This is only my opinion.

@SANNA I noticed the teeth also and thought he had some sort of device to make them look as they did.

It was just off in some way.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I found it hard to watch-- but that's the ppint of the movie. Sandler was great in his depiction of a compulsive gambler.

The movie was brutal and very realistic. It was like 

watching a Greek tragedy, a train wreck. Sandler's character knows how it will end but can't/won't help

himself. GA, Gamblers Anonymous could have helped 
him but he didn't want help.

@IMW you've got to want the help..... that's a big part of step 1. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 -

I just finished this based on your recommendation!

It is totally insane but I couldn't stop watching and then it is even more insane!

I love Adam Sandler. He really is a very good actor.

I usually do watch Hallmark or British mysteries but I'm glad I watched it.

It does have a lot of the f... every other word but Sandler was so mesmerizing I just couldn't stop!

So, I guess I'm saying, thanks for your recommendaiton!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Jordan2 -

I just finished this based on your recommendation!

It is totally insane but I couldn't stop watching and then it is even more insane!

I love Adam Sandler. He really is a very good actor.

I usually do watch Hallmark or British mysteries but I'm glad I watched it.

It does have a lot of the f... every other word but Sandler was so mesmerizing I just couldn't stop!

So, I guess I'm saying, thanks for your recommendaiton!

@on the bay your so welcomed! Sometimes I get pushy about my picks, I’m glad to know someone liked it!