Honored Contributor

This movie is available now On Netflix, I watched it yesterday. I liked it, Adam Sandler starred In it, what a departure from his usual roles! I'm not saying he deserved the Oscar, but he was certainly robbed of an Oscar nomination.

Respected Contributor

Several friends have given rave reviews to "Uncut Gems."  I noticed last night that it was now available on Netflix.

I plan on definitely checking this one out.

@Jordan2   I appreciate reading all of the recommendations that you post.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Made us nervous and jittery LOL  Man, couldn't sit still or just unwind.

He needed to be on Valium, bad.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Several friends have given rave reviews to "Uncut Gems."  I noticed last night that it was now available on Netflix.

I plan on definitely checking this one out.

@Jordan2   I appreciate reading all of the recommendations that you post.

@Mersha that's very nice of you to say, thank you.

Respected Contributor

I saw this movie in the theatre when it came out.  Adam Sandler's acting was amazing.  His character just made terrible choices in life and kept on making them.  Who would endanger their life and the lives of his family like that?  He seemed like a thrill seeking addict.  Nothing I could ever understand.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not my usual type of film, I go for light to escape reality! But Adam's performance was terrific. I agree, he deserved an Oscar nomination!

Respected Contributor

Just finished the movie and was not a fan.  I was halfway through and thought about turning it off but stuck with it to the bitter end.

Adam Sandler's performance was incredible and definitely worthy of an Oscar nomination.

I saw in the credits that Martin Scorsese was an executive producer so you know the film will be intense and not so pretty.  I am usually hit or miss with his films and I will give this one a "miss."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@Mersha  I agree with you.  Wasn't a fan of the movie at all. Not sure if it was his character or just the overall franticness of the movie itself.  I turned it off after 45 minutes but went back and finished it much to my chagrin.  Didn't care for it at all.  

Adam Sandler was very good in the movie but not one I would recommend to anyone to watch.  Just my opinion.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

I found it hard to watch-- but that's the ppint of the movie. Sandler was great in his depiction of a compulsive gambler.

The movie was brutal and very realistic. It was like 

watching a Greek tragedy, a train wreck. Sandler's character knows how it will end but can't/won't help

himself. GA, Gamblers Anonymous could have helped 
him but he didn't want help.

Respected Contributor

I have heard that this is a great ,very entertaining movie and given a fact that I am a gem lover I was very excited to watch.

Here is my opinion.  Even though it’s a fast pacing movie, I found it boring, long, filled with extremely bad language ( every second word in a sentence is “F” word. I am not a stranger to this language but it was way too unpleasant.

Adam Sandler played really well, but I did not like his character and I do not think he will get any award for this garbage movie.  And, boy, his dentist needs to be shot! ( sorry I am a pro so always look at teeth).

Another thing I cannot get, how people familiar with gems could think that Éthiopien opals are so precious. So glad to be educated by ShopHQ long time ago that these are cheap stones.

This is only my opinion.