Super Contributor

Anyone watch Unbelievable on Netflix? I liked it. It is a limited series. It is a detective show with 2 women detectives. It was like Mare of Eastwood.

Esteemed Contributor

No I didn't. I will check it out. Thanks @fingerlakesny 

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny  If this is the one about the woman who was raped and no one believed her, until 2 women did, then YES and it was WONDERFUL!!!

Honored Contributor

Excellent limited series. I wholeheartedly recommend it. 

Respected Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

Anyone watch Unbelievable on Netflix? I liked it. It is a limited series. It is a detective show with 2 women detectives. It was like Mare of Eastwood.

@fingerlakesny @Yes, I saw it and it was very good. Looking at your screen name and wondering where you are from. I am from Ithaca and don't really see people from the area. 

Super Contributor

Hi panda1234, I live in Naples. I love Ithaca.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@fingerlakesny  If this is the one about the woman who was raped and no one believed her, until 2 women did, then YES and it was WONDERFUL!!!

The two female detectives were not involved in her case when it happened. They began to investigate other cases three years after Marie was raped. 

The 8-episode series is based on T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong’s Pulitzer Prize-winning 2015 article from ProPublica and the Marshall Project, entitled ”An Unbelievable Story of Rape.” (Miller and Armstrong’s article also became an episode of “This American Life,” in which the real Marie speaks out, as well as a book called A False Report.)

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unbelievable on Netflix

[ Edited ]

@fingerlakesny ...Because you started this thread I was curious and started to watch it.   I am beyond belief by the way women were/are treated when going through an ordeal like that.  The acting is great and I am hooked but, I have a feeling of what is yet to come that the name "Unbelievable" is exactly that, "Unbelievable."

Great show, thanks for enlightening us. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam