Honored Contributor

Re: Ulta Commercial - You're Beautiful

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't take commercials seriously but I think the message is that Ulta can help us enhance our own individual beauty.  The commerical isn't saying roll out of bed and you're beautiful just as you are...LOL

Your post reminded me of the days eons ago when I actually did look good just rolling out of bed.I could be out of the house in ten minutes back then.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 and others who say that the makeup is fun and they also sell fragrance, that's fine. I still think there is a message that your outward appearance is good, but you need this stuff to be the best. As someone who is allergic to most makeup and face cream and very much allergic to perfume, I guess I have to walk around thinking I'm not being my best. I just try to not send small children screaming and crying into the streets. Now that I think about it, none of my closest friends wear makeup.I never thought about it before.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom LOL I am sure you are lovely just as you are.

I love makeup. I always have. All of the colors! But, I never really thought about it being something that was expected of me. Except when I worked at a makeup counter & then it was a job. 

My daughter has rebeled against me & rarely wears makeup! I try to love her anyway. :}

You do you & stick out your tongue at Ulta!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't take commercials seriously but I think the message is that Ulta can help us enhance our own individual beauty.  The commerical isn't saying roll out of bed and you're beautiful just as you are...LOL

Your post reminded me of the days eons ago when I actually did look good just rolling out of bed.I could be out of the house in ten minutes back then.

Those were the days, my friend.  We thought they'd never end.  But they did....LOL