Honored Contributor

UPDATE, AND A LOOK AT ED HENRY IN HOSPITAL

Ed sent out this picture saying that peanut butter and banana on an English muffin never tasted so good.  Making progress.  He says he and his sister Colleen are lifted up by all the prayers, and he is thanking everyone for them.

D_RriVRU8AE176W.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE, AND A LOOK AT ED HENRY IN HOSPITAL

@Oznell ,maybe I'm living under a rock, but who is he?

Super Contributor

Wonderful news. Sounds like the surgery was a success. Wishing Ed and his sister the very best and praying for quick recoveries.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure you're not, @Jordan2!  He's a Fox news reporter who had to take medical leave to help his sister.  I had a thread on him when it was first announced he was having surgery to donate 30% of his liver to his sister Colleen, who had been waiting in vain for a transplant.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Thanks for posting.  He looks really good considering what he has gone through.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I'm sure you're not, @Jordan2!  He's a Fox news reporter who had to take medical leave to help his sister.  I had a thread on him when it was first announced he was having surgery to donate 30% of his liver to his sister Colleen, who had been waiting in vain for a transplant.

@Oznell thanks for clarifying this. Colleen is lucky to have such a loving brother. I hope they both have speedy recoveries.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I didn't know who he was either!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, there's enough difficult or sad news coming out of hospitals, it's always a boost to hear good tidings.

He said he's been told his "old" liver (what's left in him) is functioning normally, and his sister's "new" liver, (the piece of his that was put in her), started working in her as soon as it was put in!  So glad to hear that.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy to read that all has gone well and that both Ed and his sister are progressing so well in their recovery...He looks absolutely wonderful considering all that he has gone through.

Such a beautiful, inspiring story of the strong love and bond between brother and sister.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

What a great brother !  It says a lot about his character and love for his family that he did this. He looks like he is recovering well.   I believe  living transplant donors  have a more difficulty surgery than the recipient.  Wishing a quick recovery for both!