Honored Contributor

Re: UNREAL is great fun -- watch it if you love reality tv

I don't think the same standard for viewership is the same for Lifetime as opposed to network TV shows. What doesn't fly on network stations can get by on cable ones I hope Lifetime brings UnReal back for another season
Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

According to WIkipedia it's ten episodes.

I hope word-of-mouth saves the show.  The ratings have been abysmal and I think that's because the audience is having a hard time finding it.  Everyone I know that tuned in after the premiere has loved it.  So I hope the ratings start to turn around so it's renewed and they can take on another show.  Would be great if it could be like AHS and have the same cast but doing different reality shows..  There are so many ways this could go.  

Their main problem with UnReal is the timing. They actually had it on WHILE Bachelorette was on (9p EST, Bachelorette is 8p-10p EST).. Also The Real Housewives is on at the same time as well which interfered. This week it showed at 10pm, hopefully this helps. Why they would want to fight for ratings against a show that their own show is based off of is beyond me..

Super Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

According to WIkipedia it's ten episodes.

I hope word-of-mouth saves the show.  The ratings have been abysmal and I think that's because the audience is having a hard time finding it.  Everyone I know that tuned in after the premiere has loved it.  So I hope the ratings start to turn around so it's renewed and they can take on another show.  Would be great if it could be like AHS and have the same cast but doing different reality shows..  There are so many ways this could go.  

Thanks LoriLori.  I check Wikipedia for everything--don't know why I didn't think to check it for this!

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I don't know why but I can't get into this show.  I've tried.

Maybe because I missed the first couple of episodes?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:
I don't think the same standard for viewership is the same for Lifetime as opposed to network TV shows. What doesn't fly on network stations can get by on cable ones I hope Lifetime brings UnReal back for another season

you're right, that would be apples to oranges.  what i'm saying is  the ratings were low for Lifetime.  and have gone down each week, which is bad.  as I said before, I'm hoping word of mouth saves the show.  

Honored Contributor

NickNack, you're quite welcome.  

Caitlin, that is so interesting about the timing.  I had no idea since I haven't seen The Bachelorette (and watching "The Suitor" reminds me why!).  It's ridiculous that they run it against competition like that.  I have been watching it On Demand.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty good show... I don't love it as I don't like the characters except for the bachelor maybe.
Honored Contributor

Well who didn't see that coming from a mile away between Rachel and Adam? Meanwhile Jeremy breaks his engagement to be with Rachel and she sleeps with the Prince. And why is Quinn so surprised about her fiancee and that young intern? Quinn was sleeping with a married man for 8 years. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

Esteemed Contributor

For me last night's episode was incredibly predictable and almost disappointing because they've spoiled us with surprises all season. The previews for next week didn't intrigue me. Quinn using the video as blackmail? The prince already had other similar tapes/photos leaked. The fact that he's got a behind the scenes relationship going with one of the crew might interest their viewers, but I don't really see it damaging him anymore than what he's already done to himself. Rachel's scheme to get the vineyard back for him sounded lame too. It's like she wasn't taking into account that there was another investor who would need to approve it and probably wouldn't be so willing to give up his stake in the vineyard. Having the video leaked really wouldn't do much to Rachel either except hurt her relationship with that guy...and she probably would've done something in a few weeks to damage that anyway!

When that executive said he wanted the Hispanic contestant to win to bring in the telemundo audience for next season, my jaw dropped to the floor. LOL

It will be interesting to see how Quinn gets revenge for his infidelity. I have a feeling it's over between them. I liked the other guy they showed a couple of weeks ago. He seemed like he would be a good match for her.
Esteemed Contributor

None of the characters have any redeeming qualities but I continue to watch.  The prince is the nicest of the group.