Respected Contributor

UGH! The week before the new tv season starts is just awful!

There is literally nothing on except Big Brother during the week.  I don't watch America's Got Talent and I think that finishes up this week too.

But the new season starts next week!   I've got to clear some space on the dvr for all the new stuff coming up!

Honored Contributor

Re: UGH! The week before the new tv season starts is just awful!

That's why I have been watching Netflix for the past few weeks.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't even watch network TV.  There really is not much on that appeals to me.  I do love PBS channel, History, and Hallmark.  I especially love the British programs, such as Midsommer Murders, Dr. Blake Mysteries, As Time Goes By, Keeping Up Appearances, and Poldark,  They are very well presented and the acting is excellent.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agreed - not much on television worth wasting my time on these days.  I did watch last night's episode of America's Got Talent and was pleasantly surprised.  Some good vocalists, an amazing magician (best I've ever seen), all good except a disgusting trailer nasty woman (her name - not mine). Simon was impressed, I'm not. I agree about Hallmark and the British shows.  Thank goodness for football.  College especially. I don't tune in to the pros until after the kickoff. Don't knock the USA.

Honored Contributor

People should get cable.  There are a zillion things to watch, many of them good entertainment, at any given time if you have all those channels.    I don't work anymore, am home 99% of the time, and I still cannot catch up on shows.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sure there's nothing on now, but then I start DVR'ing everything, and can't catch up! Monday is the worst, I watch ABC for three hours and will record eight hours worth of additional programming!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This Saturday night there's a Neal Diamond concert on my PBS station at 7:30.   It's the Hot August Night concert.  I can't wait to see it.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  Watch America's Got Talent Finale tonight.  First place wins one million and a show in Vegas.  All the acts did their last performance last night so tonight will be famous performers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

People should get cable.  There are a zillion things to watch, many of them good entertainment, at any given time if you have all those channels.    I don't work anymore, am home 99% of the time, and I still cannot catch up on shows.  Smiley Happy

Difference of opinion, I guess. I've got cable and lots of channels and still often find nothing worthwhile, much less that really impresses... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...