Honored Contributor

Re: U.S. National Figure Skating Champonship

Skating is on NBC tonight.

Honored Contributor

also on today Saturay the 16th

I think its the mens if i remember correctly.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Such a shame to see Mariah Bell's utter collapse... Not a fan, but not sure the scores for Liu made much sense... Have to hand it to her though, Tennel held it together this time and her artistry has improved...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Such a shame to see Mariah Bell's utter collapse... Not a fan, but not sure the scores for Liu made much sense... Have to hand it to her though, Tennel held it together this time and her artistry has improved...

I see Ms. Tennell as the Now, and Ms. Lu as the Future in US women's skating.  Hope Ms. Tennell can take it to the Russians at the Olympics.

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I see Ms. Tennell as the Now, and Ms. Lu as the Future in US women's skating.  Hope Ms. Tennell can take it to the Russians at the Olympics.

-----------------

Unfortunately, I do not see her beating the Russians.  Have never been a fan of Tennell's style.  To me, she seems so gawky - like a kid who has not grown into her body maturing!! 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

-----------------

Unfortunately, I do not see her beating the Russians.  Have never been a fan of Tennell's style.  To me, she seems so gawky - like a kid who has not grown into her body maturing!! 

None of them, artistically and technically, is really even in the same league as the Russian women. Liu has twice been the national champion but has apparently fallen from grace. Tennel is a bit gawky, but at least a bit less so than in previous years. The commentators have long talked about her nerves of steel but it seems to me she often falls when it most counts while Liu doesn't tend to, but Brady skated very well last night. She had a slight stumble at the end, which everyone seemed to discount, which I found curious, but she was so far ahead of the pack it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Honored Contributor

For all the discussion of the Russian women dominating competitive skating, let's not forget that Nathan Chen is head-and-shoulders above any other male skater in the world today.

Respected Contributor

Oh my!!!!!!!

How I love Jason Brown!💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

I just adore his skating!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

None of the women were impressive and their choice of music detracted rather than enhanced. 

The men are so much better, their programs creative where  as the women's are boring.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  The music, overall, was dreadful. I didn't watch the men so hope it was better. I guess I'm old school because I don't like to watch skating when the music is discordant. I realize I'm not the audience demographic today's skaters consider relevant, but so be it. Past a point, I also prefer the artistry of skating to technical standards that find most skaters faltering at least once per performance. An unlimited number of aerial revolutions fails to impress when the butt hits the ice.