Honored Contributor

Tyrant Season Finale ( Spoilers)

Well that was a really disappointing season finale. I thought they'd either give us a delay on the coup until next season and then drag out the plot or have the coup happen and then if it came back for season 2 explore how Basam handles being in power with the whole "power corrupts" theme.

Instead we get the cliche cliff hanger that really isn't one. Because the show is not worth watching without Adam Raynor's character. Who is going to tune in just to watch Jamal and Leila and Tariq run amok? Yeah that would really be entertaining. Not.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Tyrant Season Finale ( Spoilers)

Yeah it was anti climatic so over Bassam's wife and kids.
Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 jaxs mom said:

Well that was a really disappointing season finale. I thought they'd either give us a delay on the coup until next season and then drag out the plot or have the coup happen and then if it came back for season 2 explore how Basam handles being in power with the whole "power corrupts" theme.

Instead we get the cliche cliff hanger that really isn't one. Because the show is not worth watching without Adam Raynor's character. Who is going to tune in just to watch Jamal and Leila and Tariq run amok? Yeah that would really be entertaining. Not.

I only watched the first 3 episodes ..... what happened to Adam Raynor (the American brother, right?) ?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Great show. I will be so disappointed if it doesn't get renewed. I found the brothers fascinating. How can you love/hate Jamal at the same time? How can he be so evil and yet so like a pathetic little boy? Love how the actor (who's name I don't know) portrays his character. What was going to happen to Barry? (Love Adam Ranyor.) Hope it comes back next season.

Respected Contributor

I love this show. I just hope it comes back. I hate these 10 series shows because by the time you are really invested, there is the finale.

Respected Contributor

I love this show. I just hope it comes back. I hate these 10 series shows because by the time you are really invested, there is the finale.

Super Contributor

I wasn't expecting the coup to go smoothly, but I didn't think that Barry would wind up in jail. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. They can't kill him off, they need the brother/brother dynamic to make the show interesting. I am going to miss it, though.
Respected Contributor

I was interested in finding out a little more about the actor that played Jamal & found this:

Ashraf Barhom (born 1979) is a Christian Israeli Arab actor from Tarshiha, in Galilee, Israel

For some reason, I kept hearing a trace of a British accent when he spoke, so I just assumed he was a Brit, but I guess not!

Honored Contributor

Oh man, I knew that Jamal knew before it even started. Bassam handled it way too loosely.

I'm assuming, since it was left with such a cliffhanger, that they have already been sold a renewal - but who knows.

Respected Contributor

What I didn't get was folks talking openly about the coup in places where they could be overheard or the room was possibly bugged. If they had bugged the room where Jamal smothered his girlfriend, why wouldn't they have bugged Bassam & his wife's bedroom or their cell phones?