Valued Contributor

Re: Tyra Banks is the New Dancing with the Stars Host

@LogoFan wrote:

I am really skeptical.  I do not mind change.  I too enjoy "ballroom" dancing.  All of the TV commercials referring to "big changes" is exactly what I am concerned about.

If this turns into a circus, as a fan from the very beginning, I will be gone from the audience of this show.  This is not my first post, but again I will be really disappointed if it goes against ballroom dancing completely.

We shall see.

---

I absolutely agree with you about the dancing style.

There are several other shows that have a wide variety of dance styles, but my interest in this particular show (as well as the British "Strictly" show) is the emphasis on ballroom. If they steer away too much from ballroom, I will not be interested.

Respected Contributor

If they wanted to change the direction of the show as they are claiming, then why not simply create a new show for those who don't care for the style of DWTS? I think this is total bs.

Frequent Contributor

If disrespect to one of the dancers was the criteria for Tom being fired then Bruno should have been the first one to let go. He can sometimes be insufferable and mean spirited with his comments.

Respected Contributor

I don't think that's why otherwise why would they be letting go of Erin too

Honored Contributor

Other than sports, this was the only show I watched on ABC .... When I heard the news I was shocked that Tom was let go..... I cannot STAND Tyra the diva!!!! The reason why there's no co-host, she'll take up the time meant for two people!!!.....Ive watched DWTS from the beginning but it looks like its the end of the line for me.....Woman Frustrated Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Was Tyra ever a contestant on DWTS? I sure don't remember her ever being on the show. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

Was Tyra ever a contestant on DWTS? I sure don't remember her ever being on the show. 

@TY  Never! Not even a guest judge. I agree with the need to address diversity- but Tyra's  never been asscoiated with the show. I'm interested to see how DWTS evolves.