Respected Contributor

Re: Two New Shows, Will You Watch

On 3/16/2015 birkin baby said:
On 3/15/2015 i like celery said:
On 3/10/2015 smokymtngal said:
On 3/7/2015 i like celery said:

I watched the original French series of The Returned (Les Revenants), and loved it. I'm really looking forward to the second season. The Sundance Channel is airing a marathon of season one starting tonight at midnight ET, if anyone wants to watch.

I'll probably check out the American adaptation on A&E, but it's sometimes hard to watch an adaptation, after you've already seen the original series it's based on. I'll watch with an open mind, though. I like Jeremy Sisto.

I, also, watched Resurrection, which had a similar theme. I didn't like it, but I know many others did.

I agree with you about the French series The Returned. It was so atmospheric and suspenseful. I can't wait for the 2nd season. I hope Sundance will carry it.

I watched the American version on A & E and it was pretty good for anyone who hasn't seen the original. I never could get into Resurrection.

Yes, the French series was very atmospheric and suspenseful!!

I still haven't watched the American version on A&E that I DVRed, but I do plan on checking it out.

I was mesmerized by the French version on Sundance. I am planning to watch the American remake " on demand " tonight. I will catch The Royals the same way. The Returned was so eerie and just so "French"....big shoes to fill for the A&E version.

birkin baby, Have you been able to watch the episodes On-Demand? You'll probably prefer the French series (I do), but I thought A&E did a nice job from the 3 episodes I've seen so far.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥