Respected Contributor

Re: Two New Shows, Will You Watch

On 3/7/2015 i like celery said:

I watched the original French series of The Returned (Les Revenants), and loved it. I'm really looking forward to the second season. The Sundance Channel is airing a marathon of season one starting tonight at midnight ET, if anyone wants to watch.

I'll probably check out the American adaptation on A&E, but it's sometimes hard to watch an adaptation, after you've already seen the original series it's based on. I'll watch with an open mind, though. I like Jeremy Sisto.

I, also, watched Resurrection, which had a similar theme. I didn't like it, but I know many others did.

I agree with you about the French series The Returned. It was so atmospheric and suspenseful. I can't wait for the 2nd season. I hope Sundance will carry it.

I watched the American version on A & E and it was pretty good for anyone who hasn't seen the original. I never could get into Resurrection.

Honored Contributor

I was able to watch the second episode of The Returned as it was already posted, I have TWC.I really like this show.The Royals is on tonight but I'm not sure if I will watch.It seems that anyone who comes back from the dead (like on Resurrection and The Returned) comes back with a hearty appetite!

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 smokymtngal said:

I watched the original French series of The Returned (Les Revenants), and loved it. I'm really looking forward to the second season. The Sundance Channel is airing a marathon of season one starting tonight at midnight ET, if anyone wants to watch.

I'll probably check out the American adaptation on A&E, but it's sometimes hard to watch an adaptation, after you've already seen the original series it's based on. I'll watch with an open mind, though. I like Jeremy Sisto.

I, also, watched Resurrection, which had a similar theme. I didn't like it, but I know many others did.

I agree with you about the French series The Returned. It was so atmospheric and suspenseful. I can't wait for the 2nd season. I hope Sundance will carry it.

I watched the American version on A & E and it was pretty good for anyone who hasn't seen the original. I never could get into Resurrection.

Yes, the French series was very atmospheric and suspenseful!!

I still haven't watched the American version on A&E that I DVRed, but I do plan on checking it out.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2015 jordan2 said:

I was able to watch the second episode of The Returned as it was already posted, I have TWC.I really like this show.The Royals is on tonight but I'm not sure if I will watch.It seems that anyone who comes back from the dead (like on Resurrection and The Returned) comes back with a hearty appetite!

jordan, Thanks for mentioning the second episode is now available. I have TWC, too, so I'll check On-Demand for it, after I watch the first episode that I DVRed. Thanks, again.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I watched The Royals and thought it was just okay. The only person I know in it is Elizabeth Hurley. I will give it another chance.

Honored Contributor

I watched the two episodes of The Returned and so far I think it's OK. I'll keep giving it another chance.

I haven't been able to watch The Royals yet. I've been watching Southern Charm and I sat through a show that's getting a second season on Bravo about Americans who are with the Brits in England (forget the name).

Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2015 i like celery said:

I still haven't watched the American version on A&E that I DVRed, but I do plan on checking it out.

I was mesmerized by the French version on Sundance. I am planning to watch the American remake " on demand " tonight. I will catch The Royals the same way. The Returned was so eerie and just so "French"....big shoes to fill for the A&E version.
Honored Contributor

I'm watching both these shows but really like The Returned more.Two episodes in of The Royals and still no Joan Collins, I wonder when she'll show up? On The Returned I thought Rowen's fiancee was a good guy but after seeing he has cameras inside and outside the house (which I'm sure she doesn't know about) I've changed my mind!

Honored Contributor

I am into ""The Returned"" but haven't had a chance to get into The Royals. Saw a few minutes of it.

Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2015 i like celery said:

I finally was able to watch most of the episodes of A&E's The Returned I had DVRed. I binged-watched the first three episodes last night, and liked them. I still prefer the French series (smokymtngal is spot-on when she mentioned the French series is so atmospheric and suspenseful), but A&E has done a nice job with this series.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥