Honored Contributor

I watched two movies this afternoon. The first one was Dangerous Lies with Elliot Gould, Sasha Alexander (as a detective), and Jamie Chung. I got this from Netflix, when a wealthy elderly man dies and unexpectedly leaves his estate to his new caregiver, she is drawn into a web of deception and lies.

The second movie which was much better is Lost Girls, starring Amy Ryan, Gabriel Byrne, Dean Winters, Miriam Shor, and Molly Brown. It's a true story about Shannon Gilbert, a prostitute that went missing. Looking for her uncovered bodies of prostitutes on Long Island ( Oak Beach), murders by a serial killer. Shannon's mother never gave up trying to find out what happened to her daughter.

Super Contributor

Re: Two Netflix Movies

[ Edited ]

I am interested in Lost Girls. I love Gabriel Byrne and haven't seen him in any movies in awhile. I think he may be working in his native Ireland. He was so good in In Treatment. If you haven't seen In Treatment, it was on HBO. Three seasons. Good actors and guest stars. I have been taking a little bit of a TV break and reading alot. Texans can now venture out but I am taking it slowly. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this @Jordan2 .  I read the reviews for both of them, and Lost Girls sounds like something I would really like.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I saw part of the first one you mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I need to finish thst one. I've seen a few documentary about the other true story. I may have even seen the movie. The whole story is so sad and disturbing. 

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

I am interested in Lost Girls. I love Gabriel Byrne and haven't seen him in any movies in awhile. I think he may be working in his native Ireland. He was so good in In Treatment. If you haven't seen In Treatment, it was on HBO. Three seasons. Good actors and guest stars. I have been taking a little bit of a TV break and reading alot. Texans can now venture out but I am taking it slowly. 

@texassunflower   I loved In Treatment!  I was getting HBO at that time.  I'm thinking about getting it again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed Dangerous Lies.