Respected Contributor

Re: Twilight Zone New Years marathon

I grew up watching The Twilight Zone and never tire of watching the marathons. I enjoy so many of them but some of my favorites are How to Serve Man, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, Willouby (sp? where the harried businessman goes back in time to a town called Willouby), Over the Rim, the one with Art Carney playing a down and out Santa Claus, and the one with the lonely man who goes to the museum and falls in love with the "living" woman in the doll house.   

Respected Contributor

The Monsters are due on Maple Street, The Shelter,  A game of Pool. Twenty Two And Many more. Not to mention the more famous episodes.   Love twilight Zone!

Esteemed Contributor

"The After Hours" starring Anne Francis is a favorite of mine. Wonderful performance by an underrated actress.

51-rhD+sIQL._AC_.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

A bit off topic, but since this pandemic of ours first started I began saying it is like we are really in the Twilight Zone, and even Rod Serling could have not written it any different or better. 

@Shelbelle  My sentiments exactly. That's why I won't be watching the marathon.I feel like I've been living it all year.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I grew up watching The Twilight Zone and never tire of watching the marathons. I enjoy so many of them but some of my favorites are How to Serve Man, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, Willouby (sp? where the harried businessman goes back in time to a town called Willouby), Over the Rim, the one with Art Carney playing a down and out Santa Claus, and the one with the lonely man who goes to the museum and falls in love with the "living" woman in the doll house.   

"...the lonely man who goes to museum and falls in love with the woman in doll house."

Yes!  I'd almost forgotten that one as they don't air it often. I love this one with a very young Robert Duvall.

Esteemed Contributor

Have watched many of the marathons over the years every New Years Eve/Day...............one of my very favorites is....

The Lonely
The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Episode 7

Description
DescriptionA convicted murderer who protests his innocence is sent to a deserted asteroid in space to serve a 50-years sentence and finds himself cracking under the pressure.

Just thought it was so good and loved when they brought the woman robot to be his companion.

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites is "Nothing In The Dark" with Robert Redford. Very insightful, unexpected. It airs Thursday, December 31 on the Decades Channel at 10:30PM EST.

Respected Contributor

Living Doll.

Is that the episode with Talking Tina? my sister and I make sure we watch that every year.

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It also airs late nightly on ME TV

Yep!!!!! I watch ME TV all the time...LOVE the TZ! Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

Although SyFy airs the series almost daily, watching the marathon is a different story. It's almost a ritual or rite of passage before the New Year can finally begin.