Honored Contributor

JohnnyEager wrote:

One of my favorite episodes is "The Masks", the one where  the elderly patriarch makes the rest of the family wear hideous masks for Mardi Gras.  Scared the heck out of me as a kid and retains that power today after multiple viewings.

Yeah, that's a good one!

I usually tend to catch some of the marathons.  You can watch those episodes over and over and over.  Smiley Happy

Jordan - that book sounds like a must-have.  Thanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

On the complete DVD collection there is  interesting commentary included for some episodes.  A good one is a rare radio interview with Anne Francis about "After Hours".  She describes the process of making the face mold for her mannequin. 

The interviewer points out that Rod Serling almost always wrote or had male lead roles, and Anne's is one of the few focusing completely on a female character.

Vera Miles and Inger Stevens were a few of the other female stars he used.

Honored Contributor

JohnnyEager wrote:

On the complete DVD collection there is  interesting commentary included for some episodes.  A good one is a rare radio interview with Anne Francis about "After Hours".  She describes the process of making the face mold for her mannequin. 

The interviewer points out that Rod Serling almost always wrote or had male lead roles, and Anne's is one of the few focusing completely on a female character.

Vera Miles and Inger Stevens were a few of the other female stars he used.

Thanks for that info.  I do have the DVD set but (embarrassed) I've never watched them.

Honored Contributor

I also like The Masks, and Talking Tina with Telly Savalas.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Twilight Zone Marathon

[ Edited ]

Oh yea!! Talking Tina...another good one!!

Honored Contributor

It's amazing how many stars got their start on this show. I remember Robert Redford played a policeman who was really Mr. Death.Jack Klugman and Burgess Meredith did about three episodes each, I think more than anyone else.

Honored Contributor

Jordan - I just ordered that book.  Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Jordan - I just ordered that book.  Thank You!  Smiley Happy

I'm happy to help! I wasn't sure it was still in print. If your a fan of the show you'll love the book!

Honored Contributor

Jordan - Loving the Twilight Zone Companion book!

I'm not even to the episodes yet because I'm reading little bits here and there.  But I have enjoyed all the information so far.  I just love 'behind the scenes' stuff.  Since Mr Serling has been gone for so long, the only way to get more info is from way in the past.

BTW, mine says 'Second Edition' on it.  I don't know how much newer it is but it has some more info in it from the First.  

Thanks again for recommending it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Jordan - Loving the Twilight Zone Companion book!

I'm not even to the episodes yet because I'm reading little bits here and there.  But I have enjoyed all the information so far.  I just love 'behind the scenes' stuff.  Since Mr Serling has been gone for so long, the only way to get more info is from way in the past.

BTW, mine says 'Second Edition' on it.  I don't know how much newer it is but it has some more info in it from the First.  

Thanks again for recommending it.  Smiley Happy

I'm glad you like the book. Mine is also a second edition, published in 1992. I guess there is no need to update it.