Esteemed Contributor

Have hey shown  Deaths-Head Revisited yet?  It doesn't show up in many of the marathons- and it's one of the best. In light of Elie Weisel's passing, it would be especially poignant  today. 

Honored Contributor

Here is the review of the episode "Death Head Revisited".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYBhjLfELrw

Esteemed Contributor

We watch the marathon every year too.  A couple that I enjoyed watching yesterday were Number Twelve Looks Just Like You and the one where the man insists that his family wear masks until midnight.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Here is the review of the episode "Death Head Revisited".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYBhjLfELrw

Interesting reading  the review, thanks for posting. However the blogger was off base, saying Rod Serling's final comments being 'preachy' .  Rod was incredibly brave to tackle such a controversial subject -,when many in the 1960's buried this  time period, as if it  never existed.  I applaud Rod - his final thoughts were critical. Now, and especially then.

Honored Contributor

I did watch a few of the Twilight Zone episodes, still love them after all this time.   I'm glad you mentioned Anne Francis.   I watched a movie on TCM on July 4, she had a big part in it and she looked like she was 17!   She was so beautiful.   She was actually 25 - The Scarlet Coat.   I enjoyed it, too.

@Johnnyeager wrote:

On the complete DVD collection there is  interesting commentary included for some episodes.  A good one is a rare radio interview with Anne Francis about "After Hours".  She describes the process of making the face mold for her mannequin. 

The interviewer points out that Rod Serling almost always wrote or had male lead roles, and Anne's is one of the few focusing completely on a female character.

Vera Miles and Inger Stevens were a few of the other female stars he used.

Honored Contributor

I have mentioned this before but if you missed it I'll say it again. I have a book called The Twilight Zone Companion by Marc Zicree. Mine is a second edition, I don't know if there is a newer edition out.It goes by seasons, giving a synopsis of each episode with information on the cast, director,writer,etc. I find it very useful and interesting as I am a big Twilight Zone fan!

Honored Contributor

Hey Jordan!  I just looked at my copy (that I purchased at your recommendation last year - or whenever that was) and mine is also 'Second Edition'.  

I join you in recommending this book to anybody who is a huge TZ fan.  It's a very cool book.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey Jordan!  I just looked at my copy (that I purchased at your recommendation last year - or whenever that was) and mine is also 'Second Edition'.  

I join you in recommending this book to anybody who is a huge TZ fan.  It's a very cool book.

@chickenbutt I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! I'll take out this book from time to time just to refresh my memory.I'm kind of surprised this book was never updated, I guess there is nothing more to add.I actually have the complete set on DVD,but I never seem to get around to watching them. There is something about watching the episodes on the 4th of July and New Years Eve and Day that I find special.

Regular Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Love watch all the actors/actresses when they were all so much younger.  William Shatner must have done a dozen episodes.

My favorites are the one with the fortune teller machine and the monster he sees on the wing of the airplane!!

To this day whenever I fly, especially at night if I'm sitting near the airplane wing, the show with the monster on the wing flashes through my mind & sends a shiver up my spine. Loved Twilight Zone as a kid, even though many of them scared the cr@p out of me!

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder it's time for the New Year's Eve Twilight Zone Marathon starting tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. on SYFY. I watch every 4th of July and New Years, I never get tired of it.