Respected Contributor

Re: Tv Theme Songs

[ Edited ]

Frasier  and Cheers theme songs  ! ❤️
I always liked the theme songs from the old westerns like Bonanza, Rifleman, Wagon train, Wyatt Earp etc.

Honored Contributor

I loved the Welcome Back Kotter song. Applebee's now has a commercial with that song-and all the words fit. I don't care if it is a commercial, the song is still great.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

I like instrumental TV themes best. 

My absolute favorite is “Hawaii 5-0” by The Ventures. 

The TV themes for “The Avengers” & “The Wild, Wild, West” are good too. 

The Wild Wild West theme is the ringtone on my phone.  Someone always comments when they hear it, and it makes them smile!

I also liked the old western themes....Maverick, Bronco, Sugarfoot, Wagon Train, Destry.  I listen to them on YouTube occasionally, too!  I like the Mary Tyler Moore Show theme, and Welcome Back, Kotter, also.

Honored Contributor

Theme songs for television series are few and far between today. I think it probably stems from getting more commercials in and trying to get enough story going.

Esteemed Contributor

I caught the end of Happy Days theme song the other day when I was

flipping thru channels. That's a good one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny you mentioned this. About a week ago, I spent some time listening to tv theme songs on youtube.

I listened to Moonlighting, The Greatest American Hero, Cheers, WKRP in Cincinnati, Golden Girls, Welcome Back, Kotter, and F Troop a few times.

Respected Contributor

You are all free to laugh at me OR roll your eyes.

"The Beverly Hillbillies" theme song is the first I thought of.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Mission IMPOSSIBLE

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Funny you mentioned this. About a week ago, I spent some time listening to tv theme songs on youtube.

I listened to Moonlighting, The Greatest American Hero, Cheers, WKRP in Cincinnati, Golden Girls, Welcome Back, Kotter, and F Troop a few times.

OMgosh how could I forget WKRP in Cincinnati. I live

there for Pete's sake! And I love that song and that show and everybody in it.

Honored Contributor

I can't let the theme from "Mash" slide by. Also known as Suicide is Painless. Those first four notes meant you're in for a fun time.