Honored Contributor

Turner classic movie channel newbie

Dear @Oznell

As our reigning expert in all things Turner classic movies, I come to you in the hopes of soon being dubbed into the Turner/QVC Forum with the mighty Turner sword wielded by none other than our own Oznell (and my local cable company!).  

Just fyi to those interested and something I just learned myself: the female equivalent of being knighted is called receiving the damehood.  Hmmm.  

I notice that (and believe you mentioned here recently) Doris Day movies are coming up.  Those will be so much fun.  Are there any other stars or movies or genres that I shouldn't miss in the month of April?

Queen Elizabeth and Angelina Jolie:

Image result for queen knighting female

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Turner classic movie channel newbie

Ha, @GingerPeach, no expert me!  Only someone who has had her nose plastered up against the glimmering black and white screen of old movies since almost before I can remember.  Sitting on the floor, in my p.j.'s with feet, back when local channels showed old movies as a way of filling up time--  I was hooked.

Great to have you as a fellow TCM'er.  We were just saying how great it is that William Holden is going to be "star of the month"  for April.  Every Monday in the month will have his films.  Can't wait till "Executive Suite",  a smart, sophisticated look at corporate life in the Fifties...  I think it's one of the first Mondays it'll be on, but I'll be sure to put up an alert.

Ditto the film noirs that are sceduled for April.  TCM shows them Saturday night at midnight, then Sunday morning repeats them at 10:00 a.m.  Some goodies coming up there too!

Respected Contributor

Oznell .. I don't remember ever seeing Executive Suite .. so I cannot

wait to see it .... that's not to say when it comes on i won't say ... Oh

Yea .. now i remember ...!!

Honored Contributor

Doris Day movies are going to be on during the day of April 3.

Many might not agree but I like the movie It's a Great Feeling. I enjoy the pairing of Jack Carson and Dennis Morgan. 

Esteemed Contributor

TCM is the only channel I really miss...........sigh..............

Honored Contributor

Okey dokey, @Oznell.  It's official. 

just this minute signed up and can view TCM on my very own television.

Waiting with bated breath for your next TCM update.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's super, @GingerPeach!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I am finding it a very nice feeling to be so excited about this.

As the Pointer Sisters say, "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!"

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, good, @GingerPeach.   It's huge fun that there's such a varied group of people on here, all united by their love for classic, vintage films.

So many times people will bring up things I hadn't ever considered, or deliver insights that put a whole new spin on a movie or scene--  the "energy" is really terrific and conducive to great discussions....

Honored Contributor

Ben Mankiewicz, host,  on TCM, he is my eye candy, I just love him!! You can view the TCM monthly schedule on their site. You can also sign up to request movies too. Enjoy!!