Honored Contributor

Re: Turner Classic Movies - 31 days of Oscar

I wonder how they decide which movies they are going to show.  Going My Way won 7 out of 10 of their nominations.

I do not like the alpha showing as some of the best movies are on in the wee hours.  (not everyone records what they watch)

Honored Contributor

I too wonder how they picked the movies to show. They are showing Goodbye Mr Chips but not the 1939 version. The newer version. But there are still lots of movies I don't want to miss. And it seems like they are showing during the day. So will watch on my tablet or computer.

I am so glad there is TCM. To get to watch these classic movies without commercials - now if I only wouldn't fall asleep at night when I watched them.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I too wonder how they picked the movies to show. They are showing Goodbye Mr Chips but not the 1939 version. The newer version. But there are still lots of movies I don't want to miss. And it seems like they are showing during the day. So will watch on my tablet or computer.

I am so glad there is TCM. To get to watch these classic movies without commercials - now if I only wouldn't fall asleep at night when I watched them.

----------------------

The old version was just on last week - I think Saturday or Sunday!  Truly one of my favorite shows...so well acted!!  Tear up everytime during the scene when his wife and baby die!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Thanks @culebra.

Here is the monthly schedule for those who want to make sure they don't miss certain movies.

--------------------------

A huge thank you for the schedule!!  As I posted before, I dearly love TCM!!  I saw the movie about the French school for boys this morning.  Had not seen it before and do speak some French...loved it!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

----------------------

The old version was just on last week - I think Saturday or Sunday!  Truly one of my favorite shows...so well acted!!  Tear up everytime during the scene when his wife and baby die!!

I watched it - it was on Sunday morning. But I would gladly watch it again. I tear up when Robert Donalt replys to the conversation that he never had any children - that he had thousands of kids - all boys. 

The movie really holds up with the test of time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@corita wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

----------------------

I watched it - it was on Sunday morning. But I would gladly watch it again. I tear up when Robert Donalt replys to the conversation that he never had any children - that he had thousands of kids - all boys. 
The movie really holds up with the test of time. 

--------------------------

So l tried to watch the Mr Chips movie on this morning..during the 31 Oscar days at Turner.  It was the newer version and I did not like it!  In fact, changed the channel after awhile.  It seemed to me that the story was changed!  They tried to make the movie a musical show and it just did not work !!  So unnecessary and strange!! Nothing like the older version!! 

Honored Contributor

I love this month every year.

I have my TiVo wishlist set to record all movies, so every morning I go into the ToDo list and delete what I don't want.

They are slowly dropping some of the very old stuff and adding in newer movies.  I think at some point we're going to see less 1939 and more 1969.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN