Honored Contributor

Tuesday 2/23/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Sadly, our planned celebration for losing Jack has been put on hold due to Cliff putting up Witchabella after Jackson used the POV on himself. Cliff and Kat are now more or less part of the Six Shooters, (now back to eight people again but to the best of my knowledge lacking a new name.) 

Sam and Nick are now the big targets for next week. Sam, concerned that his name keeps getting tied to Nick's, called a house meeting at 8:25 last night where he denied any knowledge of Nick's plot to get Christie to not use her power and have Cliff put up someone else from the six. Nick agreed that Sam played no part in it and it just came to Nick as he was in the hammock with Analyse. Nick ended up in tears as Jack and Jackson gave him a pep talk. Jackson in particular kept telling him to pick himself up and let himself win and lose the mindset that he can't win. That he can beat anyone and everyone there. (Weird!) Nick tries to separate himself from Sam, but Sam living in the HOH room with Nick and Witchabella all last week kind of blows up that narrative. The house meeting ended amicably with everyone laughing and smiling and Nick and Sam still the big targets for next week. 

Some vote sniffing has gone on and while Nicole is more than willing to vote to keep Witchabella, she's been feeling out Jessica who has the strategic game capacity of Orwell (the stuffed POP TV owl mascot.) Jessica thinks that losing Witchabella and the house keeping Jack is better for the weaker side of the house and that she's in a better spot now. (Uh, no.) Nicole is trying, but worries how to approach Kat without it getting back to the rest. She knows they need both Jessica and Kat to keep Witchabella, but both seem unwilling to vote to evict Jack.

Jackson is continuing to slowly starve himself to death, but rumors are that he's smuggling food into the shower to eat. He tends to duck down beneath the frosted part of the glass for extended periods which is an odd way to shower. Barring smuggling a wheelbarrow of food into the shower, Jackson is still eating a fraction of his normal amount though. And Holly has crawled back to Jackson for some bizarre reason and apologized for not complimenting him enough, which is one of the reasons why Jackson broke up with her. She promised to compliment him more. Jackson needs his ego stroked constantly and Holly just wasn't getting the job done.

It looks like it could be the wall comp this week as they're shutting down the yard this morning. That comp takes forever to set up. The wall is operated by hydraulics that have to be brought in, connected, filled and tested. Then they have to set up the water sprays and debris cannons they use and test and align all of those. Then add all the padding for when the houseguests fall. It's a very long setup process. Since they're starting this morning, that implies this is the wall comp.

Nicole says she'll hang on the wall until her fingers bleed. Fingers bleeding won't be the problem for her. For Nicole the problem will be the cold. The water sprayed on them is about fifty degrees and thinner players like Nicole tend to freeeze more than get too weak to hang on. Nicole's a super fan though so she likely has a strategy to deal with the cold. In season 11 of BB it was Russell who discovered that wearing fewer clothes kept you warmer as the cold water would run off you rather than get absorbed by the clothes and keep chilling you. We'll see who adopts that strategy this week. Nicole or Tommy would seem the most likely since both are big fans of the show.

Who will win the wall comp if it is the wall comp? Let's start with the least likley to win. Jessica is the least likely to win. I would put Christie in that general category also. Jackson says he'll win, but his size and strength are a disadvantage in the wall comp. Add in a week on slop (more or less minus a few shower snacks) and he won't be at his best. I'm not sure Analyse and Holly are used to suffering and suffering is what you do in the wall comp. Sam will want to win, but his size is a disadvantage for him. Nick might eke out the win. Nicole and Tommy would be the favorites though.

Now it's story time! I'm putting this little story in a spoilers box as it's a little bit edgier than my normal posts, but not too bad. I think it's more funny than anything, but I'm tucking it away so those who don't want to read it don't have to.

Spoiler

You just know that somewhere out there in toy developer land there’s a deranged toymaker looking at this cast and thinking, “You know, these people would make great action figures!” I can just imagine the commercials.

“You’ve seen Hungry, Hungry Hippos, well they’re nothing compared to Snackson Jackson, the human garbage disposal! Watch as Snackson Jackson consumes whole gallons of milk in a single gulp. An old cucumber that’s been in a toilet? No problem for Snackson Jackson! Down it goes! When he’s not consuming food he’s hiding it from others so he can consume it later. See if you can find his hidden stashes of food before he eats them all! And as a special bonus, if you order now, we’ll include an inaction figure named Holly Not Jolly. Yes, Holly Not Jolly is a special friend of Snackson Jackson who’s never happy. Whether she’s lying poolside working on her tan or engaged with Snackson Jackson under the covers, you’ll never catch her smiling. In fact, you’ll rarely catch her doing anything at all! Imaginary Zebra for Holly Not Jolly to ride not included. Order separately.”

“Think Chatty Cathy could drive parents crazy with her incessant rambling? Ha! You’ve seen nothing. For a limited time only our new Christie the Mister is now available. There is no doll ever made that can talk so much, and for so long, about so little, as Christie the Mister. Her battery never runs down and the talking never ends. Her nonstop blathering can make even the most disobedient child fall in line just to get Christie the Mister to be quiet for a few minutes. “Ugh! Alright! I’ll clean my room, just shut up!” If you order now, we’ll include Christie’s special friend, Tommy Two Step. Tommy Two Step seems immune to Christie the Mister’s nonstop babble and will assure anyone and everyone that he’s on their side and their closest friend and best buddy. Everyone needs a Tommy Two Step!”

“Now available for a limited time, Jack the Human Tripod. Yes, this is the figure you want to base your collection upon. (Outtake: Wait, what do you mean that’s not why he’s called the human tripod? Take down his pants? Why? Okay, okay, I’ll take down his pants. Whoa! He has a third leg? What do you mean that’s not a leg? It’s his what? Seriously? Who the heck designed this thing? Have they no sense of proportion? It’s done to scale? Seriously? Yeah, okay then. What’s this battery slot for? They were animating what? And it only worked for eight seconds at a time regardless of the battery? Weird. Outtake ends.) “Uh, yeah, get this figure while it lasts. They’re flying off the shelves every eight seconds or so. As a special Bonus you get his female companion ****** Lice Annie. (Outtake again: Wait? What? We can’t call a toy that! The FCC and others will kill us. What do you mean I misread it? Analyse Annie? What the heck does that mean? It’s her name? What kind of an idiot names a girl Analyse? Are they trying to get her to commit suicide? Seriously, that’s her name? Okay. Outtake ends.) Sorry, folks, that’s Analyse Annie. My mistake. Get her now while supplies last! God knows Jack the Human Tripod won’t last long, so don’t delay!”

“Been waiting for a toy that tells everyone everything you do? Well, wait no more! Isabella, I’maTella is now available! No matter what secret you’re trying to hide, Isabella will tell on you! Think no one knows about that boy you kissed, Isabella knows, and she’ll tell everyone! Your deepest darkest secrets are no longer safe once Isabella I’maTella is in your house. Order today and you also get her friend Nick Nodick included free! (Outtake: What is it now? That’s not how you pronounce it? It’s Nod-ick? Are you sure? Okay then.) Yes, that’s right Nick Nod-ick is also included free. When you argue that it’s your word against Isabella I’maTella, Nick Nod-ick will then agree with whatever Isabella I’maTella says even if he knows it’s all a lie! When it’s their word against yours, you’ll lose every time!”

“You know what, I’m getting out of this voice over business for toys and finding something less icky to do. Like what? I don’t know. A book publisher wanted me to do the narration on some book. I think it’s a coloring book or something called Fifty Shades of Grey. I figure it can’t be any worse than this stuff. I’m out of here.”

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tuesday 2/23/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

A question @gardenman.  I've been reading at Joker's and it seems this year when the HGs start talking about more or less deeply personal things or family/friends, the feeds briefly cut.  Is production being more protective of the cast's personal life than in previous years?

Perhaps such cuts are just being reported more often than in previous years.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

A question @gardenman.  I've been reading at Joker's and it seems this year when the HGs start talking about more or less deeply personal things or family/friends, the feeds briefly cut.  Is production being more protective of the cast's personal life than in previous years?

Perhaps such cuts are just being reported more often than in previous years.

Anyone they talk about has to have signed a release in order for their name to be mentioned on camera. If the houseguests are talking about someone who didn't sign a release, CBS has to cut away. I don't think Jack was able to get any of his family to sign a release so anytime he's talking about any family member they cut away. Any medical issue a houseguest wants to talk about is generally covered by HIPAA in some manner, so CBS has to cut away. (Technically the houseguests are CBS employees.)

Some of the people manning the controls at CBS are more hair-triggery (for lack of a better word) on what they'll let out. The weekend crew is the most hair-triggery and will block lots and lots of stuff just when most people are free to watch the feeds.

It's kind of a challenge for CBS to have live feeds airing. Hypothetically, let's say Jack has a brother who's gay but hasn't come out. Jack talks to Tommy about his brother, seeking advice to help his brother, not really reliazing he's just outed his brother before hundred of thousands of live feed watchers. His brother gets furious with CBS for airing his secret and lawsuits fly here, there and everywhere.

The houseguests are warned time and again what they can and can't discuss and by and large they do pretty good, but as they all say, after a while they forget the cameras are there and stuff slips out that shouldn't. If a family member or friend signs a release they can be spoken of publicly by the houseguests and not get blocked, but with no release, they get blocked. A live show or live feeds are scary as heck for CBS and they get both with Big Brother. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman your story was hilarious!

I'm sure that you will set me straight, but isn't this a good time to get out someone like Tripod, I mean, Jack?  You really have him right where you want him.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@gardenman your story was hilarious!

I'm sure that you will set me straight, but isn't this a good time to get out someone like Tripod, I mean, Jack?  You really have him right where you want him.

Thanks. Yeah, it would be the perfect time to get rid of Jack, but the votes just aren't there. You have Jessica who has no game sense whatsoever as one of the needed votes and she's more in favor of getting rid of Witchabellla than Jack because Witchabella and her had a fight. (Stupid old Witchabella. You don't pick a fight with a vote you need when you're about to go on the block.) 

I have a little hope that maybe, just maybe Jackson will rally the votes against Jack. He's been planning to get him out at some point in the not too distant future. If you replace Jessica with Jackson and Jackson brings along Kat then combined with Nick, Sam and Nicole they'd have the votes to evict Jack.

The problem with that is Kat. If Jackson could bring Holly along too, they'd have a better chance of getting Kat's support, but is Holly too close to Christie to turn on Christie? A new alliance with Jackson, Kat, Holly, Nick, Witchabella and Sam could be pretty powerful, but is Jackson the kind of guy who would break away from his old alliance now to flush Jack out?

If I'm Jackson, I'd be far more worried about beating Jack than old Witchie. She's not especially smart (picking a fight with a needed vote is proof of that.) She's not especially physical. Jack is smart, physical, and beloved while Witchie is hated.

It would be a bold move on Jackson's part. You could argue it would be a good move on Jackson's part. With Jack gone, you can turn your new alliance on Tommy and Christie (who Nick already wants gone) and flush them out. They're more likely to win the social game part and both are okay in the physical part of the game.

The social dynamics of the house tend to affect people's strategic play a lot. Jackson has said all along he's there to play a cold, emotionless, strategic game. If that's true, then voting out Jack makes the most sense from a purely strategic level. He's far more likely to win than Witchabella. If he could drag Holly and Kat with him, Witchabella could be an asset for him and owe her game to him and with Nick and Sam, who he likes also in tow, they could target Christie and Tommy. If you're playing a cold, emotionless, purely strategic game, that's the move to make. Will he make it? Probably not, but we'll see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman   OMG - that spoiler was hysterical.  I was laughing so hard, especially at Jack's.  Sadly, they were all on point - lol.  Well, I'm sure Jack's was a tad bit exaggerated.

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@gardenman   OMG - that spoiler was hysterical.  I was laughing so hard, especially at Jack's.  Sadly, they were all on point - lol.  Well, I'm sure Jack's was a tad bit exaggerated.

It all just popped into my head yesterday while I was watching the feeds, so I thought I'd share it. My poor old brain works in weird ways sometimes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@sabra wrote:

It all just popped into my head yesterday while I was watching the feeds, so I thought I'd share it. My poor old brain works in weird ways sometimes.

I love the way your brain works!

Esteemed Contributor

As is often the case I'm thinking ditto to what @sabra  said. @gardenman, that story was hilarious. It was the perfect mixture of reality with a dose of imagination.

For me, most stories have a range of entertainment values--this part is good, that part is better, or even parts that lag a bit. Not this one. It was entertaining from beginning to end. I will say, though, that my favorite action figure is the Isabella I'matella and her friend Nodick. Not even sure why, but if I was ordering, those are the ones I'd put in my cart. Smiley Very Happy

I knew this was good when I found myself reaching for a tissue to wipe away the tears from laughing so hard. You outdid yourself on this G'man! Bravo! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Thanks. It was fun to write. I enjoyed it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!