Honored Contributor

· [series premiere] · 10/14/15 at 10:00 PM
· [regularly airs] · wednesdays from 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST
(from Investigation Discovery's press release, October 2015) True stories of murder and mayhem morph into urban legends like the boogeyman or the monster under the bed - haunting our childhoods and scaring us throughout our lives. TRUE NIGHTMARES brings to life the true stories that spawned these hair-raising tales, proving once again that truth will always be scarier than fiction. Performer Todd Robbins, best known for his fascination with eccentric and arcane forms of entertainment, brings his shadowy and sardonic self to deliver spine-tingling episodes, revealing that sometimes, our fears aren't mere figments of our imagination after all.
Honored Contributor

Re: True Nightmares - New Show

I know I started a Season Pass for this one but don't think I've seen an episode yet.  D'oh - first episode tonight, as you mentioned.  No wonder I haven't seen it yet.  hehe - sometimes when I start the Season Pass as soon as it hits the Tivo Guide (it only goes out 12-13 days), by the time it comes along I have forgotten.

If you saw all the Season Passes I have for shows on the ID channel you'd probably think I'm some kind of psychopath.  HA!

I've just always liked to watch/read 'true crime' and have, in particular, studied serial killers for as far back as I can remember.

Honored Contributor

Ahhhh!! Chicken, we think alike.  On the outside I look like a kind (chubby, dressed head to toe QVC) Grandmother.....but my brain is a mixed up mush from some of the stuff/junk I like to watch/read!  Ha!

I have a middle daughter (adult) who has a brain like mine.  She and I talk about things others would think...."OK, I'm not going there".

One of the neatest things I ever read was an essay in one of my college English books about what a funeral attendant does to the body to get it ready for 'viewing'.  It's very interesting.  Maybe that's why from day one I've always said, "Just cremate me".  The idea of people standing over me when I'm dead saying, "Don't you think she looks good"?  Are you kidding me?  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that whole coffin/grave thing does not appeal to me in the least.  Use what is usable to help somebody else and you can throw the rest in the trash for all I care!

I am having more and more trouble with thought-continuity, memory, and getting confused a lot so these shows are one of the things I use to get my 'thinking' going.   

But the whole thing about crime scene, figuring out stuff based on the crime scene, and solving the crime is quite fascinating.

I tend to move away from the ones, like 'Disappeared', where you seldom have a resolution.    I want to hear the whole story from before the crime to after the resolution of the crime, etc.

Honored Contributor

I refuse to watch any of those shows where you sit for an hour and in the end it's like, "Who Done It"....

Could they be any more frustrating?  I don't find them interesting at all just frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Oh - so totally frustrating!

That's exactly why I try to avoid that.  'Disappeared' was about the only one I checked out in recent years that was like that.  I don't want to know that she's still missing and they know nothing.  I want to either find her or - you know - FIND her.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Oh Anabelle!  The conversations we could have.  My soul sister!  

You should look into the book "Stiff" if you liked that essay. It is a non-fiction book regarding how science uses cadavers  that are donated to science. It is written factually, but with some humor (an incredibly difficult task to pull off). Just read the reviews on Amazon...you will be surprised how many people love this book!