Esteemed Contributor

Suzanne Pleshette fans, there's a movie of hers on netflix, "A Rage to Live," 1965, that is pretty good....Ben Gazzara is in it, and he's one of my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Rats, I knew it was on, but had to miss most of it-- again!   In the part I saw, it looked like possibly Rossano Brazzi was interested in Suzanne Pleshette?

Troy Donahue and Suzanne Pleshette were like a pair of perfectly matched racehorses-- just beautiful separately and together.  I adore her, but maybe he was a bit too "moony" for my taste.  Still handsome though! 

Loved Rossano Brazzi as the worthy young Italian in love with jean Peters in "Three Coins in a Fountain", and in the Venetian film with K. Hepburn, was it "Summertime"?

I love all these movies, and have watched them countless times.  My favorite is Summertime.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Suzanne Pleshette fans, there's a movie of hers on netflix, "A Rage to Live," 1965, that is pretty good....Ben Gazzara is in it, and he's one of my favorites.

@YorkieonmyPillow I saw A Rage to Live on one of those retro TV channels a few weeks ago.  I enjoyed it.  Ben Gazzara is one of my favorites too.

Honored Contributor

Tickles me to see how back in the 'olden' days people used to really dress to go on airplane. Best clothes and gloves, now, we got slobs all over the place and people changing their kids diapers from their seat.

sheesh.............Not to mention all the 'stuff' that goes on in a plane now.

Just a different gentler time.imageedit_12_7267559692 (1).gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Troy Donahue

[ Edited ]

@chi5925, I'm glad you said it because I've always thought he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, lol.  Neither could Connie Stevens.  But they were pretty to look at.  If I remember correctly, he didn't age well and 65 is young to die, imo.

Even today, if I hear Theme From a Summers Place, I listen to it with such peace.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

I. Watched a documentary on his life from a heart throb to  just a has been as far as Hollywood was concern.  He had an alternative life style and the same partner for many years. The documentary is called "coming out"  Either on NETFLEX or Prime.  The was also one on just his story.

He and a lot of stars in that era were so classy and beautiful. I grew up in that era, and had a crush on him, Glen Ford,  and some I can,t remember anymore. Rock Hudson.  These men were in the George Clooney category, very handsome.  We were not aware of the alternative life styles in those days, everything was hushed up.  They just got married if the pressure was to great.  Men and women.

IMO, the male actors today can,t compare in looks to that era.  For that matter, neither can the females.  Beautiful and classy.

@qvcaddition After reading your post i went to look up Troy Donahue. It appears that his longtime partner was a woman! A opera singer to be exact.  He wasn't too successful with his marriages which probably had a lot to do with his drug and alcohol abuse. 

You are right. I realized my mistake.  It applied to Tab Hunter.  Look up what I mentioned on him.  I got the two pretty boys mixed.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow I saw A Rage to Live on one of those retro TV channels a few weeks ago.  I enjoyed it.  Ben Gazzara is one of my favorites too.

Ben Gazzara!! Yes!! He was amazing. Suzanne Pleshette voice! Enjoyed her in the Bird's. Thankfully! TCM exists. Modern films hold no interest, Except for Sundance film festival.
Respected Contributor

Summer Place is one of my favorite movies of all time.  The theme music is very beautiful and I could listen to it all day.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  And South Pacific.

Honored Contributor

I did not know Suzanne Pleshette married Tom Poston.