Honored Contributor

Caught 2.5 movies with him in those yesterday.  Must have been pre-Sandra Dee.  Wish I could have seen more, but it got too late, thus the .5 partial movie.  I'll have to see what's on today and coming up.  I'm sure a lot of movies will be seen or at the very least in the background of my days for those days coming up.  Hope there's some good ones.

Everyone be safe and well.  

Honored Contributor

I dont know of any movies he made before teaming up with Sandy in Summer Place. He had a very brief cameo in Imitation of Life, as the abusive boyfriend to Susan Kohner. 

Honored Contributor

Think I got his book in here some place bought 10 yrs ago can't get around to it for all the other stuff. When his star faded it was really a big splat.

Turned alcoholic like most of them. He always was homosexual and back in those days wasn't as accepted as it is now. Everything is accepted now.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Think I got his book in here some place bought 10 yrs ago can't get around to it for all the other stuff. When his star faded it was really a big splat.

Turned alcoholic like most of them. He always was homosexual and back in those days wasn't as accepted as it is now. Everything is accepted now.

---

I think you may be mistaken about Troy Donahue.  I have never heard that he was gay.

Maybe you are confusing him with Tab Hunter. 

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

---

I think you may be mistaken about Troy Donahue.  I have never heard that he was gay.

Maybe you are confusing him with Tab Hunter. 

I think you might well be right. There were and remain many closeted actors and actresses, but I don't remember ever reading TD was among them. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Troy's marriage to Suzanne Pleshette only lasted less than a year, but I never heard her say it was because he was gay, and I did hear her discuss it several times. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Troy's marriage to Suzanne Pleshette only lasted less than a year, but I never heard her say it was because he was gay, and I did hear her discuss it several times. 

I believe he was married several times and had at least one child. Of course, none of that precludes anyone being gay, but a brief review of his biography wouldn't lead me to believe he was. There were several 'matinee idols' of the 60's who clearly were, some of them later becoming quite open about it as their careers faded with age.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

yep, it's the other blonde hollywood  fellow here is what I found online

""I am not gay," Troy told Peoplemagazine in 1984. "Once in a while people get me confused with another blond, blue-eyed actor who was around at the same time, but it's no big deal. I love women. Sometimes, I guess, too much."  "

Sorry Troy !   

Honored Contributor

Re: Troy Donahue

[ Edited ]

Troy is dead of heart attack.

Tab  July 8, 2018  not been dead for that long .

(CNN)Tab Hunter, who rose to fame as a Hollywood heartthrob in the 1950s, died Sunday at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, California, Allan Glaser, his partner of 35 years, confirmed to CNN.

He was 86.
Glaser said the cause of death was a blood clot that caused cardiac arrest.

"We were walking home and he collapsed in my arms in our front yard," Glaser said. "He said he couldn't breathe, so I called 911, and we went to the hospital."
"This was sudden and unexpected," Glaser added. "He was athletic, more like a 60-year-old not an 86-year-old."
With his blond hair, blue eyes and magnetic smile, Hunter set fans' hearts aflutter in films like "Battle Cry" and "****** Yankees."
He also was the subject of speculation that he was gay, a fact he would confirm later in his 2005 autobiography "Tab Hunter Confidential: The Making of a Movie Star."
Honored Contributor

another book for oznell LOL