Respected Contributor

Here is a moving interview with Eric Braeden:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIh2XKI5Ag

“Kristoff St. John’s ‘Y&R’ Co-Star Eric Braeden’s Emotional Reaction to His Friend’s Death” 

Respected Contributor

I thought that tiny little blurb at the end of Friday's show was short and totally incomplete. No pics or "memory shots" of Neil's 2 wives or Moses. You think they could have at least mentioned (or a quick pic) Dru and Sophia and his son as part of his "Y&R family".

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I thought that tiny little blurb at the end of Friday's show was short and totally incomplete. No pics or "memory shots" of Neil's 2 wives or Moses. You think they could have at least mentioned (or a quick pic) Dru and Sophia and his son as part of his "Y&R family".

@silkyk, I saw that they are going to have a storyline in April, featuring a storyline that pays tribute to him and his character.

Trusted Contributor

Short shrift. Perhaps he would still be here if Mal Young hadn't sidelined him. I remember KSJ in the early summer saying he had no future air dates. A chill ran over me then and I feel sick now. I've lost plenty of family members IRL and this loss is pretty painful, believe it or not. He came into my home almost daily in the 80's, a smart, ambitious, handsome Stanford MBA, bonding with Nate Hastings Sr & little Nate & Olivia, and working hard at Newman building the American dream. He's loved plenty of ladies (hubba hubba), fine tuned his passion for jazz, married the love of his life who gave him fits at times LOL. When his baby brother came to Genoa City they had an unbreakable bond that only a woman could threaten. The writers retread this same thing again, this time with another wife and son.***A RASPBERRY TO THE WRITERS HERE*** 

Along the way Neil paid it forward by mentoring and nurturing his share of people, but also fell victim to the demon alcohol. As angry as I could get at his character, I could never, ever hate him. He played flawed yet strong to a T, a moral compass for the show. The writers did allow Neil to reconcile with his mother a couple of years back, mirroring KSJ's reunion with his own mom.

I hope they bring back the HWG set because I will always remember him there side by side Devon & later Lily. Finally, I wish Ashley & Neil could have had their happy ending. Perhaps the writers will have Neil decide he cannot live without Ashley, move to Paris to be happy with his lady love, never to be seen in GC by the audience again. ***NO RECAST***

HeartRIP Kristoff St John Heart

You were loved by many and will be missed.

dee