Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travis Barker rushed to Hospital

@Kachina624 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Thank you @Kachina624  for your response,  Hate is a strong word and no one here is expressing hate.  We are just having a little fun and no one expressing feelings of ill will.  Some love to stir the pot.

@phoenixbrd    There's a definite separation between disliking someone and hating them.  Some people here don't seem to recognize this and any negative comment is seized and labeled as being hate.  I dislike the morality of the Kardashians but I'd have to know them a lot more intimately than I'm ever likely to do in order to hate them.

There's also a definite separation between saying "there doesn't have to be a reason to hate on a stranger these days" and accusing someone of hating another person--which didn't happen here. Those two things are very different. To hate on someone is defined as being critical, saying bad things about them in an unpleasant way and that certainly did happen here right from the jump.

It's also possible to make hateful remarks about someone without actually hating them. I'm not saying the remarks here were hateful, I'd categorize them more as condescending, uncaring, dismissive and insensitive. As always, people are entitled to express their opinions although some seem to think that's a one-way street. It's always interesting when someone says something unkind (after all, it's their opinion) but becomes suddenly offended when they're called out on it. Or in this case when it's taken a step further by saying they don't hate the party in question when, in reality, no one said they did. It makes no sense.