Honored Contributor

Re: Travis Barker rushed to Hospital

He has had some serious heath issues and suffered serious burns from a plane crash a while ago.    He also doesn't look fit or healthy.  We'll probably never know what this health emergency was about.  🙏 for a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Cakers3    You consider that hate?  Considering it's the Kardashians and how he took the time to Tweet, I'd say some skepticism was in order, but I see no hate.

@Kachina624   Would you like to be called "KaTRASHina" and an attention W-h-o-r-e?

It doesn't matter that the OP doesn't care for them or if people feel the tweet was out of line.

When a person is experiencing a health issue, and a thread is started with insulting slams, then yes-it is hateful.  The twist on the Kardashian name and the use of the word w-h-o-r-e added nothing but showed the OP's true reason for the thread.

You know this.

As I said, I opened the thread because I did not know the name.  I do not follow the Kardashians as I have already stated.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The question now being:  Is it hateful to call someone hateful because they said someone else was hateful?  Is it the same thing?  Where is the line between "hateful" and not praise?  Is rude also hateful?

Can any unkind thing someone says NOT be hateful?  Are we only allowed to speak praise and laud only; and never say anything disparaging or negative about another?

Or is it ok to be disparaging to someone if they are disparaging of someone else?  Do two disparagings or two hatefuls make an acceptable comment?  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner "Can any unkind thing someone says NOT be hateful?  Are we only allowed to speak praise and laud only; and never say anything disparaging or negative about another?"

It is only "hateful" when people that certain posters like are criticized.  I agree with you that the word hateful is overused.  Some posters need to get new material.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

He has had some serious heath issues and suffered serious burns from a plane crash a while ago.    He also doesn't look fit or healthy.  We'll probably never know what this health emergency was about.  🙏 for a speedy recovery.

He was diagnosed with pancreatitis.

Respected Contributor

Fortunately for Barker, he has the funds to get the best medical care available...

Honored Contributor

Don't understand not leaving it be when someone has a medical emergency. Every single thought in one's mind does not have to be expressed.

Then again people have died and posters here have said nasty things about them in memorial threads and during their funerals, so nothing is off limits or surprising here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Are there any updates on how he is doing?  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624  for your response,  Hate is a strong word and no one here is expressing hate.  We are just having a little fun and no one expressing feelings of ill will.  Some love to stir the pot.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Thank you @Kachina624  for your response,  Hate is a strong word and no one here is expressing hate.  We are just having a little fun and no one expressing feelings of ill will.  Some love to stir the pot.

@phoenixbrd    There's a definite separation between disliking someone and hating them.  Some people here don't seem to recognize this and any negative comment is seized and labeled as being hate.  I dislike the morality of the Kardashians but I'd have to know them a lot more intimately than I'm ever likely to do in order to hate them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment