Honored Contributor

Re: Trailer for Downton Abbey airing frequently

[ Edited ]

OK, I'm simply fantasizing, but whenever events like this occur, I think how much fun it would be if those of us on these boards could go together.  

First we'd have to have dinner -- or my favorite, lunch and a matinee!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Just finished watching all 6 seasons and was amazed at how much I had forgotten.  Going to the movie with my movie pals but not until the second week as I am out of town when it premiers.  They were very gracious about delaying and I wouldn't want to watch it without them.  

Esteemed Contributor

My sis and I talked about this early today and she had never seen one episode until.....

Some of the nurses she works with convinced her it was worth watching.  She said she binged watched it night and day until she got all the way through it.  Sometimes, she stayed up ALL night (when she wasn't working).

I just laughed and said I understood.

I would love to go back and rewatch the whole thing, but probably will not.  

It's just such a brilliant story. With the exception of some of the more gloomy story lines now and again, I cannot fault it for much.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

OK, I'm simply fantasizing, but whenever events like this occur, I think how much fun it would be if those of us on these boards could go together.  

@GingerPeach  I have thought the same!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Mj12 

Spendid, my dear!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Even though I'm kind of new here, I'd love to go with the group.  I cannot wait to see the movie.  Enjoy everyone!

Honored Contributor

It's not playing that often here but I have seen it 2 or 3 times.  I loved that show.  Yes indeed, I plan to see it with a couple of girlfriends who also loved the show.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I heard the music before I saw what was on the screen, but noted that the trailer is now airing a lot on TV.  I live in the Maryland/DC area.

I always stop to watch it, and it always makes me teary!  As I said before, I know this is a fantasy version of how things were, but, it makes me happy to see those familiar characters.

Love when Lady Mary says to Carson, "I need your help, Carson."  

Anyone going to the theater to see it?

I had no idea this was going to the theaters.  I thought it was going to be on PBS.  

Honored Contributor

Just bought tickets for opening day - which is 2 weeks from today in case anyone forgot. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Capture.PNG