Honored Contributor

Re: Trailer For New Jennifer Lawrence Movie, Mother

@SydneyH May I ask why you are boycotting her? Just curious, no judgement! lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SydneyH May I ask why you are boycotting her? Just curious, no judgement! lol!

It's all over the internet, Facebook. 2nd boycott in 9 months. Reasons can't be posted here due to rules.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew Found the articles. Thank-you for responding!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It's actually Mother ! Also stars Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, Michelle Pfeiffer. Directed by Darren Aronofsky. Out Sept 15th.

Not for the faint of heart, warning. Yikes 😱

I can't get the link to post, but you can just search official full Mother! trailer on You Tube.

I am not a Jennifer Lawerence fan, however even if it was someone I like this movie looks way too intense for me.  To give you an idea about movies I enjoy, the last movie I went to see was Beauty and the Beast LOL. 

Valued Contributor

Mother! was killed at the box office.  One reviewer said it might be the worst movie of the year and possibly the century.  I don't rely on reviewers--I usually dislike what they rave about--but it was JLaw's worst opening to date.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just about every major movie star has had a flop or two, Jennifer Lawrence is no exception. I'm sure the nuts out there who believe that they are the cause of this failure but it appears that this film wasn't appealing to movie goers.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

To say no boycotts are going on, one only has to go to her own FB page to find out. Passengers did not go to do as well as predicted for the Christmas season as hoped. Yes it did well overseas. So does David Hasslehopf (spell?) and Jessica Simpson. They are huge overseas. The first boycott was about a different subject than this boycott. Also the movie was absolutely slammed by the people that didn't boycott her. All this on the internet and not necessarily on the sites that do not like her. Her own Hollywood sites reporting this.

Honored Contributor

I read Rex Reed's review of it, and can't remember where.  He truly loathed it, thought it was pretentious and gratuitously ugly, etc.  I don't always agree with his movie criticism, but from what I read it would not interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a fun place to visit but not to get all your info. You don't have to be Columbo to know which way I lean. I go to all my sides and opposition sides and make up my own mind. 

Honored Contributor

Once I read about some of the scenes and what they contained, I was NOPE NOPE NOPE.

The few I do know who saw it said it got extremely disturbing, gory and graphic through the last 1/4 of the movie. People were walking out when the infant was taken by the crowd of people....its was NOT good.

Yeah, glad I passed. OH boy, am I.