Trusted Contributor

Tournament of Champions on Food Network. Spoilers

I recorded this show as I had not heard of it and was curious to see what it was about. 

There are 16 chefs competing. Some from Top Chef. Michael Votaggio, Richard Blais, Antonia Lafonso, Marcel Vigneron, Brooke Williamson. 

The chefs are ranked by a few categories then they compete against chef with a different ranking. They have east coast and west coast rankings. 
Brooke and Richard were not happy with their ranking. I was surprised to see Marcel ranked 7th with a winner of one of the food network cooking shows. He took it well 

Antonia and Alex Guarnaschelli were ranked number 1. 

the first round was Antonia vs Marcel.  Marcel was the first one sent home. 

it is not Top Chef but it was interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tournament of Champions on Food Network. Spoilers

Alex is my favorite!

Trusted Contributor

I watched it, and thought that it was okay, but could have been better.  The cooking, or maybe the way that it was edited seemed too fast.  I would have preferred more time for each segment since these are such big deal chefs.

Honored Contributor

I could never stand Marcel and got sick of seeing Blais on every food show known to man.

I watched Top Chef for the first 7 or so seasons and got tired of Padma and the whole thing.

I remember Antonia and liked her as well.

I loved season 1, I think it was my favorite.

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci   I watched the first night it was on.  

The food, of all I see, that I would love to eat, is Antonia's, it always looks so delicious, so am glad she won her round.  It seems that Marcel is always the frst, or one of the first to go in any of these competions except for the Top Chef season when he was one of two left, and at that time, I thought his dishes looked the best, so should have won.

Honored Contributor

I remember Marcel as being wildly disliked and unpopular on Top Chef due to his snotty and better-than-you attitude.

Plus, he had the worst hair!

Honored Contributor

I missed this but it sounds like it would have been fun.  I like Blaise and the Voltaggios.    I found Marcel annoying on his season of TC, but I came to like him ok in the years that followed.  

A new season of TC is coing up on, IIRC, the 19th of this month.   It's one of the 'All-Stars' type of seasons.   I haven't seen who will be competing yet, however, but I'll be watching as always.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm watching the repeat on Sunday and missed the first face-off.  The second face-off is between Jet Tila and Eric Greenspan.   Upcoming is Alex and a newcomer that I have seen a couple of times on Guys Grocery Games called Darnell.  That's going to be a hard choice for me since I like both of these chefs, but kinda pulling for Darnell.  

Respected Contributor

I can't watch any show hosted by Guy Fieri.

Super Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Alex is my favorite!

Mine too and I have to say I was very surprised when she was defeated.