Honored Contributor

Re: Top of the Lake - China Girl -- Wow - what a show!

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Where can I find Top of the Lake?

@Miranda1550

This is Sundance.  DH and I have been watching it on Demand!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I read ab out Nicole's makeupa nd this thread popped up also. I looked for the series which is now appearing On Demand only on my cable. Watched the whole series in 2 days. Elizabeth Moss is wonderful. 

Funny how most of the nominations for the Emmys I have never watched bc I don't have the premium channels. Now seeing all their promos, I will have to catch Transparent and Liiar (ldidn't recoginize the actreess that played the maid on Downton Abbey).

@Big Sister

The young man burred in the sand was the 'john' who was having the 'girlfriend experience' with the dead 'china girl'. He went to the brothel, shot a guy and took Mary hostage. I don't know why the cops were so concentrated that the shooter would hide in that beach or why Robin was so enthralled with the box (covered head) that she saw on the cam. On the cam, it showed a bo laying on a huge empty beach and Robin said, zoom in on that to the techie.

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I read ab out Nicole's makeupa nd this thread popped up also. I looked for the series which is now appearing On Demand only on my cable. Watched the whole series in 2 days. Elizabeth Moss is wonderful. 

Funny how most of the nominations for the Emmys I have never watched bc I don't have the premium channels. Now seeing all their promos, I will have to catch Transparent and Liiar (ldidn't recoginize the actreess that played the maid on Downton Abbey).

@Big Sister

The young man burred in the sand was the 'john' who was having the 'girlfriend experience' with the dead 'china girl'. He went to the brothel, shot a guy and took Mary hostage. I don't know why the cops were so concentrated that the shooter would hide in that beach or why Robin was so enthralled with the box (covered head) that she saw on the cam. On the cam, it showed a bo laying on a huge empty beach and Robin said, zoom in on that to the techie.

Thank you @Yahooey, I did think maybe it was the young man who "loved" Cinnamon.  Thanks for replying to my post.

Respected Contributor

Might want to put a Spoiler Alert when discussing plot details because some people are still watching.

Respected Contributor

How long should people consider it a "spoiler" while discussing it?  The  final episode of the series aired over a week ago!

Respected Contributor

Based on the posts in this thread, people are still searching out the series and some have it on DVR and are not viewing live. Just a few words indicating possible spoiler before plot comments would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I really loved this show!  But I was disappointed in the ending!  It seemed like it just ended --- didn't really tie things together.  It seems as though they would continue for another series, but I guess, who knows?  

Can someone tell me --- I did not get to see the first season --- was the current season that just finished a continuation of the first?  Or was it a totally different show?  

Just curious, as there were some things that I didn't quite get and I thought perhaps they were events from the first season.

I hope it does come back with the same people.  Elizabeth Moss was excellent!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin