Trusted Contributor

While I am not a fan of Jamie's I do not think she should have been the one to go. Dawn has had incomplete 4 times. Others have been sent home for less. 

JMO I think Dawn will be the winner when it should be Shota or Gabe. 

Frequent Contributor

I certainly hope Dawn doesn't win.  She constantly needs help, leaves things off her dishes and never seems to be prepared for what she's doing.  That was detremental to the others more than once.  She has an entitled attitude too.  Shota and Gabe are the whole package and either of them deserves to win.  However, isn't someone else coming back from Last Chance Kitchen?

Esteemed Contributor

@deeW  Nobody is coming back from Last Chance Kitchen.  The finale of that occurred online after Byron was eliminated.

Byron battled with Sara and beat her.  He then had to battle three of the (at that time) remaining five chefs in the competition.  He lost 2 out of 3 and therefore did not return to the competition.  I still contend that had Sara beat Byron, she absolutely would still be in.

I don't mind Dawn.  I think we may have similar personalities (although she was also an Olympic athlete, so we're also nothing alike!). I agree that she needs to focus more and not keep things off of her plate. But, what she has on the plate is oftenthe judge's favorite (her missing item last week was called the best bite of the night.) In a previous episode, she assisted Jamie.  So many chefs helping each other this season!

I'm surprised Shoto is getting so much love of this thread.  I don't dislike him and think he's probably a good chef, but I also rarely think he's done anything really noticeable (other than the drive in and the last episode that he won.) He hasn't done anything  wrong, but I'm not sure if what he has done is Top Chef worthy.

I would personally like to eat at Sara's, Dawn's and Jamie's restaurants.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't happy with the judges not being able to come to a decision last night about who should have gone home.

It should have been Dawn, yet again she left an ingredient off every single plate, while Gabe only left it off one.

Esteemed Contributor
Had Dawn not said anything, they wouldn’t have known something was left off. The judges all commented on how much they enjoyed eating her dish, commenting that James Beard himself would love it. Arguably Gabe should have been eliminated for not giving them a cold dish and making the sunchoke (?) flavor too prominent against the crab. I think it’s very possible that Gabe may have been on the chopping block and the judges didn’t want to cut him. Maybe even the fact that Dawn left something off helped them with the decision.

I do need to amend my comments about Shota. I still don’t think his food stood out in prior episodes and I think he explained himself why last night. He said something about finally making his Japanese food or something to the effect. I personally think the judges have been more enthusiastic about his meals the last couple shows.
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I wasn't happy with the judges not being able to come to a decision last night about who should have gone home.

It should have been Dawn, yet again she left an ingredient off every single plate, while Gabe only left it off one.

@CelticCrafter   I think, to the judges, it is more of a sin to leave something off a plate that others received, than to leave something off all of the plates.  Chopped eliminates people who leave something off, so obviously, the judges relaly like Dawn to let her slide so many times.

Honored Contributor

There has been no drama and I think that's why they decided to bring all 3 to the end so they can create some drama this season.

Last Chance Kitchen Part 2 was a bust, so they didn't have the drama of bringing someone back.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Aren't the finales always the final three chefs? I don't remember it ever being a final two. I wasn't surprised they didn't kick someone off because of that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Sometimes 3 go on the trip and then they eliminate one at the beginning.

The finale is usually 2.  I think maybe one time it was 3?

I have to consulting wikipedia

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Top Chef.JPG

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN