Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

For some reason on board with it. Maybe I watch too many in the past. Sick of the judges flouncing in with cameras all over them, eating exquisite rich foods that most people can't afford to eat. I've gotten to the point where I catch a few minutes of the show and try to find out Who is eliminated

@KACEE1115 

Did you mean to say you're bored with it since you said "on board with it."  I think I've watched too many in the past too and now I just read the spoilers on FB TC page or go to WIKIPEDIA.  Not sure who's in LCK since I'm not watching that either on Bravo.

Valued Contributor

@SWEET Thanks for the catch, yes I meant I'm bored with it

Trusted Contributor

I am still enjoying this season. I like that previous contestants are also judges. I like seeing most of them again. 
I have liked the different elimination challenges and I felt this restaurant wars was the best with just the judges. 

I have never had tofu but after seeing Dawn's dish of hot tofu I would like to try it. 
I was a fan of Byron was sorry to see him go. 

Honored Contributor

It's probably because of the pandemic but I think this season has been a little weird.

I'm rooting for Shota or Gabe to win. 

Honored Contributor

Okay last night's episode ending had me reaching for the tissues.

I think it's Gabe's to lose right now.  I think Shota's issue is always going to be that his cooking style is subtle going against Gabe's bolder profile.

But I agree, it's down to those 2 because they are much more consistent than crazy whoop girl.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
I’m surprised nobody thinks Dawn will win. I don’t think she’s particularly likable, but I think she has consistently put out dishes the judges love. In the very first episode she left something big off her plate and she wasn’t even in the bottom three because what she did have (was it just broth?) was so good.

I’m pretty happy with the top four. Anyone could win and I would be okay.
Honored Contributor

My favorite cook was Sara, but she's gone. Jamie annoys me to no end with her noises and nonsense, but she's cooking pretty well. Dawn has been the most consistent. A lot will depend on what the final few challenges are. Shota has a more subtle, refined style. Gabe has a more bold and aggressive flavor profile. Dawn is very consistent. Jamie is still a contender also, but she runs hot and cold. Jamie's pretty consistently in the top two/three or the bottom two/three. She's seldom stuck in the middle. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The editing is interesting with Jamie because they always show reaction shots of the judges to her antics and they seem to find them amusing.

How is it that no one watching at home finds it amusing?  Maybe it plays better live.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

While I am not a fan of Jamie or Maria they did bring me to tears. I said to my DH why am I crying over Top Chef LOL . Jamie has a restaurant close to my home. It has wonderful reviews.  

I thought it was great how Kristin gave Maria a pep talk using her own experiences. 

I do not think Jamie has a chance at winning. 

I think it will be down to Dawn, Gabe and Shota.  

I wish for the black box challenge they would have paired Brooke with the person with the least wins. Dawn was great in that challenge. She was able to determine alot of the ingredients with Gabe right behind her. 

Honored Contributor

Two things that tell me this is a universally boring season with bad ratings are that my tivo does not activate skip mode.  I don't think a single episode this season has had the skep feature.  Tivo only does the top shows.

The other thing is that all the episodes have been an hour.  I don't think any have been 1:15 or more.

Anyway, I agree with who won and went home this week.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN