Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@sabatini those introductions were TERRIBLE!!! 

I'm glad the person who got eliminated went home--they were incredibly annoying in the kitchen.

Tom's faces were killing me.  I actually laughed a couple of times.

@DrKelli 

Totally agree with you with who got eliminated.

Tom's faces were so hilarious.  Padma's expressions when she showed her after introducing the movie categories were too.  As if she didn't know they were coming or else embarrassed.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

@sabatini those introductions were TERRIBLE!!! 

I'm glad the person who got eliminated went home--they were incredibly annoying in the kitchen.

Tom's faces were killing me.  I actually laughed a couple of times.

@DrKelli 

Totally agree with you with who got eliminated.

Tom's faces were so hilarious.  Padma's expressions when she showed her after introducing the movie categories were too.  As if she didn't know they were coming or else embarrassed.

Padma, embarrassed? Never! Smiley LOL I'm sure she thought there were fabulous, or they'd never have aired.

I agree that the right chef went home......but chicken liver churros? Really?

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

I hate double eliminations as one person always ends up going home that doesn't deserve to.

Question for those who watch Last Chance Kitchen...

Spoiler
I don't usually watch LCK, but turned it on because I didn't understand Tom's comment at the end of the show.  I thought there would be a cook off between Gabe and Nelson and that person would come back automatically.  When I put on LCK, only Gabe was on it, which made me think Nelson won the match. But THEN Tom commented about Nelson leaving the show, so they had two LCK competitions.

Why did Nelson leave?  Did anyone see that part?  I assume I just missed the video.  I understand he was still hurting from the orchard challenge - is that why?  Thank you.
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego when the team that lost was eliminated, Tom announced that only one of them would go to LCK, so there would be a cook off between the two to determine who went.  Hope that helps.

Esteemed Contributor
I just looked at LCK again and they are now showing a video of what happened (didn’t see this last night!) Nelson did voluntarily leave the competition due to damage to his knee, resulting in two chefs returning from LCK.

I was surprised that they showed which chef would be returning. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched the show, but they used to tease the result so you wouldn’t know until the next prime time show. Not sure how I feel about the people returning. I feel one is a sacrificial lamb who won’t go far.the other is someone I would go to their restaurant.
Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's just me, just being burned out from all the past seasons, but I am bored and haven't watched in two weeks.  It's not exciting or interesting to me.  The "themes" they are doing are important like the Navajo indians and Jose Andres, but I just read the spoilers and that's my way of doing it this year so far. I just can't get into it.

Honored Contributor

I think boring is kind, since I had to scroll 3 pages to find this thread.  LOL

LCK is at least entertaining.

And I have zero interesting in Gail's show, Top Chef Amateur.  They keep trying hard to give her her own show but it always flops.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
Maybe because I took a multi year hiatus from watching, but I’m still enjoying this season. However, I feel like some of the strongest chefs are no longer in the competition. Nevertheless, I like everyone who is left. I usually pay the most attention when they are presenting the final dishes rather than the prep and drama to get there.

I’m very bummed with the LCK finale. I feel had part one gone differently, then part two would have had a different conclusion.
Valued Contributor

For some reason I'm bored with it. Maybe I watch too many in the past. Sick of the judges flouncing in with cameras all over them, eating exquisite rich foods that most people can't afford to eat. I've gotten to the point where I catch a few minutes of the show and try to find out Who is eliminated

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching it, but I'm not really into it. I'm finding Padma a bit annoying these days. Gail tries too hard. Most of the food they cook is stuff I'd never cook or eat. Some of the challenges have gotten really lame. "We're going to make you all cook on an electric range." Uh, so? I do it all the time. Lots of people do. It's not exactly a death sentence. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!