Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 all I remember is that it had sweet potato dumplings.  Was it the Chukkar or Squab?  I want to say chukkar or however you spell it because he said he had never heard of it or had never cooked it.  He also had a broth that the judges said was greasy and it looked unappetizing.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize they were doing LCK again.  That is really my favorite part of the show now.

I am disappointed that we won't have famous chefs as guest judges this year.  I'm really over all the TC all stars.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

So, the winning team in the quickfire gets immunity and an advantage in the elimination challenge? Why do you need an advantage if you're immune? 

@gardenman 

I shook my head at that one.  Doesn't make any sense!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I thought the same thing @gardenman .  It was a pretty good premiere last night.  I was surprised they didn't have more social distancing in the kitchen though.

@DrKelli 

Exactly.  I did see one chef wearing a mask.  Everyone else was high fiving each other and hugging.  Too close for comfort!  At least they didn't have the chefs at the chef's table and did it blindly which I liked.  I noticed the servers were well protected. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

So, the winning team in the quickfire gets immunity and an advantage in the elimination challenge? Why do you need an advantage if you're immune? 

@gardenman 

I shook my head at that one.  Doesn't make any sense!

Yeah, if you're going to give an advantage to a team make it the lowest-scoring team in the quickfire to give them an edge. Level the playing field and all of that. "You three are the best and you're safe, so we're going to make the next round even easier for you!"

What? If they're truly the best then handicap them to level the playing field. Give the other teams a fighting chance. A sports analogy would be the Super Bowl-winning Bucs go to play a low-level college team and because the Bucs won the Super Bowl you give them a two-touchdown headstart over the college team. Uh, no. Either keep things even or help the underperforming teams, but you don't make life easier for the best team.

I'd rather see them say, "You won the quickfire and are immune, but now in the elimination challenge you'll have less time, fewer ingredients, less money, etc." They're safe anyway, so why make life easier for them? Challenge them. Make them prove they're the best when the odds are stacked against them. Winning the elimination round when you've been given an advantage isn't nearly as impressive as winning it with a handicap.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

The advantage should have gone to the others who were in the top two favorites of the quick fire.

Honored Contributor

I actually said "Oh no" when Richard Blais and his hair mountain came out. I got sick sick sick of him years ago on TC and verious FN shows. There's just something about him that I can't stand.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I actually said "Oh no" when Richard Blaiis and his hair mountain came out. I got sick sick sick of him years ago on TC and verious FN shows. There's just something about him that I can't stand.

@Love my grandkids 

His hair keeps getting crazier and crazier!  I'm not a big fan of him or his hair.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I actually said "Oh no" when Richard Blaiis and his hair mountain came out. I got sick sick sick of him years ago on TC and verious FN shows. There's just something about him that I can't stand.

Haha - hair mountain.  I like him though.  Not the hair.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I thought the same thing @gardenman .  It was a pretty good premiere last night.  I was surprised they didn't have more social distancing in the kitchen though.

I was surprised too about the social distancing given the fact that Padma made mention of how big the kitchen was due to the pandemic.