Honored Contributor

starts tonight!  I can't wait.

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef PORTLAND SPRING 2021

YESSSSSSS......the BEST show on BRAVO!

have missed this so much. 8pm et

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/top-chef/top-chef-season-18-portland-chefs-cast

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to it. Didn't like last season with the all stars. Too many huge egos. 

Honored Contributor

I watched Top Chef from Day 1 through *about* season 12 and just got bored, I think.

I recently started watching again and am enjoying it very much. I see the same old snarkiness in the kitchen that I remember LOL!

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for the tickler. I also stopped watching several seasons ago, but I’ve been watching a show with Kristen Kish and it’s sparked my interest again. Plus, my TV viewing is so weird now, that it’s nice to have something set on a schedule (even if I end up watching on DVR, at least I’ll try to watch “live”)
Respected Contributor

Thank you for starting this thread.  I cannot wait for tonight (or tomorrow since I'm DVRing it).  It seems forever since the last season.

Let's see who's the diva and who is the most obnoxious and who I really despise.  There's always someone for me. 

Honored Contributor

So, the winning team in the quickfire gets immunity and an advantage in the elimination challenge? Why do you need an advantage if you're immune? 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I thought the same thing @gardenman .  It was a pretty good premiere last night.  I was surprised they didn't have more social distancing in the kitchen though.

Honored Contributor

It was a good premiere. They're lucky they're more outwardly socially conscious than other shows or people would have had a coronary at three minorities being the three lowest judged in week one. With Padma and Tom being very socially conscious it won't be as much of an issue, but on any other reality show having three minorities of one sort or another in the bottom three would spark outrage with one eliminated in week one. The cries of racism would be deafening but they have a bit of insulation due to their public stances.

I liked the chef who got eliminated and I hope he does well in Last Chance Kitchen. I'd like to see him back. I was pleased with the chef who won despite thinking she was on the bottom three. A lot of chefs are always convinced everything they served is perfect and the judges are idiots if they don't see that, but she's not that kind of a chef. I liked it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I missed who was eliminated, can someone tell me what the dish it  was as I don't know their names yet